Reviews: richlugg

Location: New Zealand, Gender: Male, Age: 37

Noosa Flashpackers

Noosa, Australia

I enjoyed my stay because: friendly, helpful, observant staff. Free breakfast which wasn't cheap and nasty. Extra bathroom and shower other, than the one in the room. Cool atmosphere. A well thought-out hostel. Thank you for having me stay.

• 16th Aug 2014
  • New Zealand

Thanks for your brilliant review of our hostel. it is very much appreciated and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you back in the future. Kind Regards Noosa Flashpackers Crew

Milhouse Hipo

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Great place - pity about the steel framed bunks that squeak every time you roll over. Staff were very helpful - appreciated.

• 12th Oct 2013
  • New Zealand

After a few initial hiccups with our booking, everything got sorted and we had a wonderful time in Buzios at Nomads. Very Nice breakfast, with a fab view. * Eat at O Barco, amazing seafood home style cooking. * Also eat at RockA , Praia Brava, great outdoor beds facing the ocean, and yummy food. * The hostel put our names on the list for Pasha and Privelage, which was appreciated.

• 25th Sep 2013

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

• 23rd Sep 2013

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

*A really fun hostel I'm terms of meeting people to go with at night. * The staff were very helpful when it came to recommending things to do, places to go etc. especially when it can to finding out which bus to take all over Rio.

• 19th Sep 2013

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

• 14th Sep 2013

Knock Knock Hostel

Curitiba, Brazil

A very clean, calm, and well run Hostel. * breakfast was good, including cooked eggs. * bunks moved when the other person rolled over. * Directions to the hostel were very clear, it was easy to get to by public transport. I would stay here again, if ever in Curitiba. I took the tourist bus around town which worked well, once I found the departure point: the sign Linha Turistico on the bus shelter , is quite small and in white. It's in the middle of Placa Tridentes.

• 12th Sep 2013

Iguazu Falls Hostel

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Breakfast was depressing. Pool was nice and clean Kitchen was small Beds were hard, and moved when the other person rolled over. Showers were cold.

• 9th Sep 2013

Hostel Galeria 13

Salvador, Brazil

*Great breakfast, that goes until 12:00 *Beds were comfy. *Nice communal areas, mixing with other travellers was very easy here. *Free Caiprihinas! I would defiantly recommend this property, and would stay again if back in Salvador.

• 13th Aug 2013

Hostel e Pousada Tirol

Jericoacoara, Brazil

Tirol is a Mecca of the Hammock - and hammocks in Brasil Rock! Maria's cake baking abilities are awesome, and Carlos has a wonderful relaxed personality, both made my stay at Tirol very enjoyable. I stayed for 6 weeks. Gaucho - what an amazing guy. He has the best Systems I have ever seen at any Hostel. What's also amazing, is how he can maintain his helpful, happy, smiling, funny good natured personality, when working such long hours - amaaazing dedication Gaucho, Muito Obrigado, Cheers!

• 27th Jun 2013

Rolling Stone Hostel Fortaleza

Fortaleza, Brazil

To get here from the airport take bus #950. Great location. Breakfast good. Mattresses not very clean, but I've had that in several places whilst travelling in Brasil. I stayed for just one night.

• 25th Jun 2013

Backpackers Sunset

Florianopolis, Brazil

I stayed here for 3wks, and had an awesome time. * the cleaning ladies worked endlessly keeping the Hostel clean, Nice job girls. Thx! * every evening and some days there were organised things to do like trips to the Sth of the island or Clubs (lots nearby) * breakfast was very good, and for lunch they did a v. Good buffet for 15R which I thought was excellent value. And Free Caiprihinas, who can argue?! * The staff were very cool, always happy to help, smiling and enjoying their jobs. They were all wonderful hosts, and because of them my stay was made so much more enjoyable. Whatever the boss is doing to have such cool employees flying the flag for Sunset - keep it up. M. Obrigado !

• 31st May 2013
  • New Zealand

Mr. Richard!!! Yhanks for your amazing review amigo!! Was our pleasure to have you here for a longer period!! We believe that we do have the best team in the world. We deinitly love what we here, and on top of that, its very hard to work with one of the best views in the island!!;) all the team sends you a big hug! Cheers Junior

Casa Azul Hostel

Porto Alegre, Brazil

First impressions of this hostel arn't the best - but once inside, it's quite cool. Cleanliness wasn't as good as it could be, and some maintenance would improve this hostel. The beds were hard. Having said that, the staff were helpful and approachable and the location is excellent, close to the bars and the city. I was surprised at Porto Alegre. I really enjoyed my stay, more ppl should come here, even just for a few nights. If you do, take a daytrip up to Gramado - v cool. Thx RL

• 25th May 2013

Vila Madalena Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Hi , The staff here were all very nice ( and super cute = vanessa ) Everyone had a smile on their face. Location was very good, near where all the bars, restaurants and street art Breakfast was very good as well. Vila Madalena has a lovely vibe. Cheers, Richie.

• 14th May 2013

Jazz on the Park-Hostel

New York, USA

beds did not have underlay, uncomfortable. No comfortable couches. expensive internet. staff not happy.

The Gershwin Hotel

New York, USA

great location nice staff comfy bed

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

staff really happy good social area nice breakfast clean showers and toilets events good thanks for the stay

excellent

Kandy View Hotel

Kandy, Sri Lanka

This place is fairly new.It's located on the edge of town, about a 20 minute walk or 150 rupees in a tuk-tuk. (08.11.06) - Quiet as its surounded by tress and plants which is great. The Staff and Manager are really friendly and helpful, I'd stay here again for sure.

Betel Box Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

great. everything is sorted here.

Green Tortoise Hostel

Seattle, USA

please take into consideration I only stayed 1 night

Rent-A-Room Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

a great all rounder, easy to get to, good location, organised, great for what i needed , which was one nights accom in a comfortable bed with ensuite. ( website photos were accurate) cheers RJL