Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

The bar downstairs is terrific for relaxing and meeting people. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Atmosphere is youthful but inclusive of all ages and I felt very at ease as a solo traveller of 50. The dorm room experience is what you can expect anywhere in London: as many beds as possible squeezed in to make a buck. TravelJoy is no different in that respect. But in every other way - including a delicious breakfast! - they're a cut above the rest. I highly recommend this hostel.

Thank you for your review and for recommending our hostel, we are always happy to make our guests enjoy their stay in London, we hope to see you back soon!

Second Home Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Second Home Hostel is likely the best place to stay in Istanbul, whether you are a solo traveller or a couple, young or old. Location couldn't be better; facilities are spotless and comfortable; breakfast is ample and good; and value for money can't be beat. You feel at home from the moment you arrive and there is lots of opportunity to meet other travellers. The best part about this hostel is the atmosphere and the staff: Suzy, Can, Hussein. They are all-round wonderful! Highly recommended.

Yildirim Guesthouse

Fethiye, Turkey

Blew into Yildirim Guesthouse on a freak winter storm that was causing havoc with Fethiye folk, who weren't used to the cold weather. Our host, Omar, bundled me up in his own scarf and mitts when I went out, and made me mint tea with lemon and honey when I next caught a cold! The staff, Oscar and Farida, were sweet and helpful, the facilities were spotless, breakfast was fine, Omar gave great advice and I was extremely comfortable. Excellent value for the money and highly recommended.

Kale's Homestay

Antalya, Turkey

Kale's Homestay is a delight because Katje, the host, makes it that way. If you are new to Antalya, then do yourself a favour and book a room with the charming bohemian Katje, who has given free reign to individual artists to decorate the house, and whose advice and humour made this a home away from home for a lone traveller. I meant to stay a few days, stayed a week instead, and met incredibly interesting people here, both international and Turkish. I'm coming back for sure. Fab experience!