• USA, Couple, 31-40
Arcadia OK Apartments, Odessa, Ukraine
6.6
13th May 2016

GOOD: The location is good, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and check-in was smooth. BAD: Contrary to the description, no kitchen, stove, or microwave was provided (although there was a refrigerator and tea kettle in the room); the bathroom was horribly designed (e.g., no room to turn around or bend to pull up one's pants at the toilet); and the people in the next "apartment" were talking in a normal voice but could be heard through the walls as easily as if they were in our room.

Volhonka Hostel, Moscow, Russia
17th Aug 2015

I won't even consider staying anyplace else next time I'm in Moscow; this is the place.

Dostoevsky Hostel in the center, Novosibirsk, Russia
30th Jul 2015

Cool place and cool people. Definitely worth the price. If I return to Novosibirsk, I won't even look at what other options are available; I'll go straight to the Dostoevsky Hostel.

Optimum, Vladivostok, Russia
23rd Jul 2015

The bunk beds (at least in my room) seemed to be new and were quite comfortable, and there were electrical outlets at each bed. The common area is too small for the number of people. I forgot my (nearly new $65 USD) Teva sandals (size 46) at the front entrance, so if you find them and they fit, then enjoy your new sandals!

22nd Jul 2015

Base Camp Anchorage, Anchorage, USA
2nd Jun 2015

Awesome atmosphere. Only complaint is that instructions for getting there using bus the from airport don't specify that have to check which direction the bus going once it leaves airport or you might end up on the wrong side the city and have to pay to go back the other way.

Marlon's House Puno, Puno, Peru
8.0
22nd May 2015

Couldn't ask more the price, . . . except maybe more than one sink/toilet/shower room for 5-10 people. Also, bring own toilet paper (never enough in the toilet) and own hand soap for the bathroom (none is provided).

Dear Customer. Thank you so much for your visit to our hostel and join with us. well you had a reservation in a share bahts in the price is reasonable so anyway i hope you really enjoyed. Marlon's House Puno.

Pariwana Hostel Cusco, Cusco, Peru
11th May 2015

Bad: Wi-Fi is very slow and doesn't work in the bedrooms, no way to dry hands with the upstairs bath/restrooms, no mirrors in bedrooms. Good: Terrific showers (hot water and high water pressure), complimentary tea all day, electrical outlets in every locker

Dear guest, thank you for your feedback, for us it´s important because it helps us to improve everyday. First I want to apologize for the Wi-fi signal, you could see our colonial house and the thick walls,that´s why we cannot offer this service in the rooms, for this reason we offer this service in the Lounge, about the dry hands and mirrors, we will invest to offer this service, actually we are putting mirrors in all rooms, thank you for you recommendation. Best regards. Front Desk Manager

1st Jan 2014

This place was awesome; terrific place to get away from it all and just relax. Takes some effort to get there--it's not "right around the corner from the bus stop" like many hostels-- but that's a big part of what gives it it's resort-in-the-forest appeal, and it's very close to the waterfall too. The kitchen is huge and very well equipped.

El Cactus Samara Backpacker, Playa Samara, Costa Rica
24th Dec 2013

I felt more like I was a guest in someone's home than in a hostel. I stayed longer than originally planned, and would have stayed even longer but eventually I was unable to extend because all beds were reserved. I've already recommended this place to a few friends, and I will definitely be returning to Samara and El Cactus next time I'm in Costa Rica!

Blue Trailz Hostel & Surf Camp, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
22nd Dec 2013

Terrific location, nice patios area to mingle (although some electrical outlets on the patio would be nice), and kitchen area inside each dorm room.

Villas Macondo, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
21st Dec 2013

I liked this place, a lot--beautiful and quite area, immediately next to a grocery store, terrific outdoor kitchen, gorgeous European women working in the office--I would have stayed longer if they had space available and I would definitely be happy to stay there again. That said, there was no hot water and the wifi didn't work my last day (might have been an easy fix/reboot if I had asked, but I was leaving so didn't worry about it).

Monteverde Backpackers, Monteverde, Costa Rica
18th Dec 2013

The kitchen could be substantially improved with a small investment and the lockers are very small, but those are minor issues. Overall, this place is well worth the money; hot showers were nice, the grocery store next door was convenient, the complimentary bananas, eggs, toast, etc. for breakfast was delightful, and the host playing his guitar and singing was charming. I would definitely stay there again!

Arenal Backpackers Resort, La Fortuna, Costa Rica
14th Dec 2013

Would be nice to have access to a kitchen and I wish smoking wouldn't be allowed under the covered area, but otherwise everything was terrific!