• India, Female, 18-24
Han Tang Inn Hostel, Xi'an, China
14th Jan 2014

I had a great time at the hostel and met some wonderful people. Even ended up staying here a second time on my trip because I needed somewhere to crash for the night. The free train station pick up was a treat (they will even give you a free drop to the train station if they happen to be heading that direction!) and the location was pretty great. Walking distance to Muslim Quarter and the Drum and Bell Towers. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• India, Female, 18-24
Happy Dragon Courtyard, Beijing, China
6.6
10th Jan 2014

I stayed here during a very chilly Beijing winter and this was my first time at a "courtyard style" house. I would NOT recommend anyone book this hostel in the winter because you will freeze in the hallways and bathroom (the bedroom was well heated). And the atmosphere was not great (I think this is partly because the social areas were outdoors and too cold to use in the winter). But, the staff were lovely and even took down a phone message for me at the front desk!