Wadi Rum Travel Camp

wadi Rum, Jordan

The camp is located in a great spot from where you get a good view of the sunrise, sunset en the stars in the desert. The beds are comfy and with the two blankets and some warm clothing I managed to stay warm even in winter. Tip: bring a torch and matches/a lighter for the candles in the tent. Also, take advantage of your stay in the desert and go sandboarding, hiking, rock climbing or go on a jeep tour /camel ride. Very cool! Ali and his brothers made my stay in Wadi Rum a lot of fun.

• 27th Jan 2014

Hagallile Hostel

Tiberias, Israel

Very basic hostel with minimum kitchen facilities and security could be improved (no lockers available). However, staff are friendly, it was clean (though a bit old) and in an excellent location. I had a good night's sleep.

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Belgium

Les Pyramides Hotel

Merzouga, Morocco

Ali and his team went above and beyond to make me feel welcome in Merzouga. They picked me up in the early hours of the morning when my bus got in and let me use the room to freshen up and rest whenever I needed to. We had many lovely chats over 'berber whiskey'; dinner and breakfast were excellent and they took me into the desert for an overnight trip with the camels. Arriving at Les Pyramides was like coming home to family I didn't know I had. Thanks for everything.

• 14th Dec 2013

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

• 12th Dec 2013

Funky Fes

Fez, Morocco

The staff at Funky Fes are very lovely and helpful. There are also plenty of activities being organised through the hostel. The walking tour is very interesting and insightful; the women's hammam just across the street. And the food on offer is simply delicious.

• 11th Dec 2013