New York Budget Inn

New York, USA

This was a good place to stay in New York on a budget and you are in walking distance of several attractions. The staff were very friendly and helpful, everything was clean and the wifi worked really well. The hostel lacks any cooking facilities and the breakfast is limited, but I accepted that and enjoyed food elsewhere.

HI Washington DC Hostel

Washington DC, USA

This is a faultless hostel and you get what you pay for. The staff, breakfast and other facilities are at a very high standard and all of the main attractions are within walking distance. There is a very broad range of ages staying at the hostel and there is a friendly atmosphere - I strongly recommend this place.

This was a good hostel that was within close walking distance of everything on South Beach. The breakfast was decent enough (cereal and tea/coffee) and there was a good atmosphere on an evening where you could drink with people from the hostel without going crazy. I was happy with my 3 nights here and it was a lot cheaper than a hotel.

Inka's Rest

Puno, Peru

I stayed here two nights either side of a floating islands tour and have only good things to say about the place, would strongly recommend it.

Pirwa Hostel La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

This hostel was decent for 3 nights - the dorms are clean and comfortable, the breakfast is adequate, it isn't a wild party hostel and it is close walking distance to the bus station and most things in central La Paz. However, there are things that need improving - - The wifi signal often disappears. - there are frequently problems with getting hot running water. - The lockers aren't big enough. - loud music - They seem to lock all of the hostel exits between midnight - major fire hazard!

KulturBerlin - Icba Wasi

Sucre, Bolivia

There was a very lively atmosphere at this hostel due to the bar being next door, and that did make for an enjoyable 2 night stay. Other positives included good wifi, an excellent breakfast and a short walk to most things you need. Areas to improve on would be better showers and more of them (the one in our dorm was poor and you often had to queue a while), more lockers (I couldn't get one near my dorm) and a more helpful tour desk but overall it's a good place to stay for a short while.

We have in all dorms as much lockes as beds. In addition we have additional lockers in the alleys and reception área. Sorry, that you could find a locker in your dorm. I suppose some guests blocked a locker when they were on a tour. This shouldn't happen. We are eager to help our guests in anything. Also our tour agency is usually very attentive and helpful. Thanks Claus

I only stayed here for one night after completing the salt flats crossing but I was really impressed with this hostel. There is a good backpacker vibe, the breakfast is excellent, showers are clean and warm and all of the other facilities were impressive. I would be surprised if there was anywhere better to stay in Uyuni.

Hostel in Salta

Salta, Argentina

After a few difficulties with getting the room I had booked online when checking in, I did eventually enjoy my 3 nights here. Whilst the advertised BBQ never materialised, there was a good atmosphere and rooms were clean and comfy. The kitchen was a bit squashed and wifi was hit and miss, but I liked the location being away from the centre and it's walking distance from both here and the bus station - most people had moved here from other hostels which maybe says something.

Ostinatto Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This is an excellent hostel and I would strongly recommend staying here - the staff are very helpful with directions, bus tickets and they got me a ticket to see Boca Juniors tickets with 24 hours notice. Breakfast is good and there is a good backpacker atmosphere, helped by the bar being available. The only improvement could be the wifi signal which isn't great, but other than that it's a very good hostel.

The location of this hostel isn't great as it is far from the centre, but it is a nice clean hostel with a big kitchen, excellent wifi and big lockers. One member of staff was very friendly and helpful but the others weren't so good - having asked if I could have breakfast early one morning (8am so not at a crazy hour) as I had a bus to catch, they said fine but when it came to it I was made to feel like an inconvenience. Atmosphere isn't great but it's a decent enough hostel.

YHA Auckland International

Auckland, New Zealand

It seemed to have the feel of a place for long-termers on a working visa rather than backpackers, but the hostel had very clean showers and bathrooms, wifi seemed to work well in most places, there was a nice spacious kitchen and it within close walking distance of everything you need in Auckland so would definitely recommend this place.