A&O Dresden Hauptbahnhof

Dresden, Germany

Good location, good facilities, TVs in room, soap in showers, clean, walking distance to hauptbahnhopf, goid staff, good sheets and bed. Very good breakfast for 7 euros with everything - fruit, cheese, meats, salad, Fleisch salat, cereal, yoghurt, tea and coffee. Noisy school children throwing stones at the windows. Otherwise hostel was great!

• 22nd Apr 2015

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

Easy to walk to the main port area, helpful staff and ok facilities. I have stayed in better hostels and I have stayed in worse. Which the breakfast was not just cereal and bread and I also would recommend that they have soap dispensers in the bathrooms.

• 18th Apr 2015

Hostel Smith

Nice, France

No printer to print. Rude cleaning lady who started pushing me to get out of the bathroom when I wanted to brush my teeth (she was African and did it speak English). Told her to stop pushing me and she kept pushing me. Toilets ran out of toilet paper twice. One sink has no running water at all. Looks like renovations on bathroom done on the cheap. Friendly reception staff that were helpful and friendly. Mattress was thin and sheets did not feel clean. Good location in the Old Town. Ok price.

• 14th Apr 2015

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

Breakfast is only bread and cereal, tea and coffee and orange juice. At 9:30 some of the cereals had run out as well as the coffee. There was no towel given and no soap in the toilets. In German hostels breakfast always includes meat, cheese, eggs etc (may have to pay separately). Soap us usually provided. German hostels have proper cotton sheets and linen as opposed to the polyester blanket.

• 12th Apr 2015

Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

I recalled liked the breakfast free as I was staying over 3 nights. Excellent walking distance to the hauptbahnhopf. It didn't bother me that it is in the red light district as so close to the main train station and walking distance everywhere else. Good facilities and good breakfast. The only reason I did not give 100% was because the third floor female shower bathroom had run out off soap foam and not refilled for 2 days. Otherwise was great! Also have Wed pasta night and beer tasting on Fri.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Globetrotter

Aaaaaargh noooo too bad for the last 3pts ramaining!!! Sorry for the inconvenience, there is soap again on the 3rd floor now so that we get an even better review next time :) We are very happy that you liked your stay at Five Elements, thank you for this great review!

Five Reasons Hostel

Nuremberg, Germany

I wish breakfast or a welcome drink was included in the price. Nice renovation and good kitchen for cooking.

• 6th Apr 2015

A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof

Karlsruhe, Germany

The room smelt of smoke however this is this fault of a guest who smoked in a non-smoking room and not the fault of the hostel. Great location right next to the hauptbahof and town centre. Walking distance to the trains and trams.

• 20th Mar 2015

Inter-Hostel

Stuttgart, Germany

Water machines to give out free soda water and water, free tea, friendly staff. Was also given a free piece of pizza. Good walking location in the city centre and easy walk to all attractions and hauptbahnhopf. Nice old pre War building opposite a beautiful old church.

• 18th Mar 2015

A&O Karlsruhe Hauptbahnhof

Karlsruhe, Germany

Right next to the hauptbahnhopf is very handy and central. Can do day trips to other towns from there.

• 17th Mar 2015
  • Globetrotter

Excellent location. Less than 5 mins to the Hauptbahnhof and 10 mins walk to the Altstadt and other attractions and resturants.

• 15th Feb 2015
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for the excellent review.

Excellent hostel. Staff that do extra for you- eg offering to order taxi without asking. Excellent location, great breakfast, good faculties, very comfortable and clean.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • Globetrotter

Dear thank you very much for this nice review and the good comment about our staff, we will forward this with pleasure. See you again here in Cologne or any other Meininger. Your MEININGER Team

Flying Pig Downtown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good lounge bar and chill area. No computer facility to print things. Excellent location in Dam Square close to everything. Great pool and bar area and chill area smoking room. Would be better if bedroom bathrooms had soap dispensers.

• 26th Oct 2014

Hostel One Paralelo

Barcelona, Spain

This hostel has ok facilities. The best reason for choosing this hostel is the location and good staff. The staff are very friendly and cook a good dinner each night. The yummy hot dinner that everyone shares is a pay by donation arrangement. The staff are very friendly and take everyone out each evening. The friendly staff and location make this a great hostel. Highly recommended.

• 18th Oct 2014

A&O Dortmund Hauptbahnhof

Dortmund, Germany

• 29th Aug 2014

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Excellent and helpful friendly staff, nice and clean with good facilities, nice cotton sheets, good location close to public transport. Beautiful old heritage listed building.

• 22nd Jan 2014

Hostel Prague Tyn

Prague, Czech Republic

Breakfast is not the same decent breakfast from when my mother stayed there 2 yrs ago. Not a very nice prepacked bread roll. Other than that, all facilities are good. Excellent location and value for money.

• 17th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Good hostel right near the train station. Friendly staff and good value for money. Has a good chill out area.

• 14th Jan 2014

Generator Venice

Venice, Italy

Someone trashed the bathroom and when Zi told front desk staff about it they said the cleaners would just clean it in their scheduled shift. Bathroom was a total mess for a few hours.

• 11th Jan 2014

Dreaming Rome Hostel

Rome, Italy

This is a small hostel run by two bothers. The brothers are very kind and caring and treat all guests with respect. It feels like staying at a friends house, more than staying at a business. Also walked me to local food places and helpful with any queries. Also cooked a nice pasta dinner for everyone. Excellent value and very comfortable stay.

• 8th Jan 2014

Emerald Palace

Florence, Italy

Excellent stay. Good value for money. Good location. Very clean and has good facilities. Only downside is dark entrance and heaps of steps. I had to ask staff to carry my suitcase for me. The lady who makes the breakfast is very sweet and motherly.

• 6th Jan 2014

Hostel Alex30

Stuttgart, Germany

I wish I stayed longer as this hostel is the best! I asked if they had jut opened as they are so clean and everything seems new. They have been operating for 10 years and you can tell that the operations run very smoothly. Is close to tram and central area. Super nice to have a good quilt with quality linen (not just a cheap polyester blanket as many hostels do).

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you very much we hope to welcome you soon. :-)

If you have a big or heavy bag ask for a room on lower floor as they have no lift. Male staff were helpful in lifting my suitcase for me. One female staff member was a bit snobby and unhelpful when I asked her about opening times of attractions. Facilities are good and room is nice. Ten times better than The Regent hostel (also in Monmatre and also part of the Hiphop Hostel group), which is a dump.

• 31st Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for your comment ! We hope you had a great time with us !!

Horrible. Bathroom flooded everyday. Elderly French cleaning staff would yell around the place regardless of if you were sleeping or not (I was in bed sick one day and she came in yelling 3 times). Still kept on yelling even if I tried to tell her that I do not speak French. Downstairs toilet was dirty and had no toilet paper. Location was ok.

• 26th Dec 2013
  • Globetrotter

Bonjour, Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write to us regarding your stay in our hostel. Our aim is to improve our service so your feedback is very important to us. We do not accept the behaviour that you describe and we do apologise. We are thinking to change the shower curtains because sometimes when they are not well used there a lot of water on the floor. Regards, Laetitia