Stops Hostel Varanasi

Varanasi, India

Follow the directions given on the confirmation email on how to get to the hostel. I found the place easily enough. It's a few minutes' walk to the ghats so its very convenient. Staff were very friendly and helpful. There were a few power cuts that left us without AC at night which made sleeping difficult. Also, I hope they can fix the wifi situation so that everyone can get on the Internet at any hour of the day. Half the time I had little to no wifi, however they have computers you can use.

Dear Fellow Traveller, Many Thanks for your valuable feedback. We are glad the hostel was able to meet expectations. Power cuts during your stay were exceptionally high and thanks for putting up with it. It is much much better now. Wifi was erratic in June because we were depending on the only broadband service provider in Varanasi. As promised, we now have an exclusive lease line connection for uninterrupted, unlimited hi speed wifi so that no one is without wifi at Stops ever. Happy travels!

Alobar1000

Kathmandu, Nepal

Good vibe, friendly and helpful staff, scalding hot water! There is much construction happening around the building but don't let it put you off. This place was great, I extended my stay for four nights.

City Home Guest House

Chiang Rai, Thailand

This was a nice place, convenient to everything. The city bus station is literally right around the corner. Basic accommodation in the dorms, good atmosphere. There were tons of mosquitos in the showers and the shower on the right (there were two for the dorm) didn't seem to have hot water. The older front desk man didn't speak English but after some miming and gestures, we were able to communicate and he was very helpful and friendly. Overall I liked the place and would stay there again.

Teeraya Boutique Dormitory

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I was attracted to this place by the lure of the pool. When I arrived I found a very small green pool that no one wanted to get into. It was warm as bath water, which I understand as the temp was around 47-48 degrees. The bed in the dorm was basic, came with a towel and fan only, no AC. If you walk down the Saturday night market street, it's the Soi 2 on the right side of the street. It immediately splits, so take the street to the left and the hostel is on the right hand side of the street.

Sundance Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Jee, the owner/manager was always there and always helpful. She gave advice on where to eat, directions, she even took a group of us to a local waterfall in her sisters truck one day. There is a room with seating where you can meet other travelers. A washing machine is available for 20 baht to wash all your dirty clothes. The beds are nice and thick, but so are the pillows. The only drawback to the place is its proximity to the old town. It took about 20-25 minutes to walk there.

Hikka Train Hostel @ Surf Beach

Hikkaduwa, Sri Lanka

Basic dorm room with fans at night. Breakfast of egg, veggies, and tea/coffee is included. The owner/manager lady found answers to all my questions. There is a train schedule posted on the wall that is out of date. I used it to take a train back to Colombo but the timings were inaccurate so I ended up taking a bus instead. Not much to do at the hostel but the fancy hotel across the street might let you use their refreshing pool for the day if you pay around 400 rupees.

Colombo Lavinia Beach Hostel

Colombo, Sri Lanka

The owner was very nice and found answers to every question I had regarding transportation (which busses/trains to take). I stayed in the mixed dorm that didn't have A/C and it did get a little stuffy at night but maybe if the curtains had been opened there would have been more of a breeze. Nice backpacker vibe, easy to meet people. Short walk to the main road made buying meals cheaper than eating at beach restaurants.

The staff at Sri Ram guest house helped to make my stay in Bikaner one of my favorite and most memorable. They were helpful from the very start. Yogi picked me up from the train station when i arrived late at night. I was welcomed with a cup of chai while I was checked in. Meals were served every day in a family style, with other guests around the table talking and dining. The kitchen staff were friendly and never failed to make a delicious meal for us. Advice and directions were always avail

Thank you Harmony I too felt you as part of my family, We tried make ur stay comfertable like home away from home . if there is any thing we can doo for u pl let me know. And you are most welcome at my place any time u wanna come ,Thank you very much. Regards yogi

Hostel New King

New Delhi, India

The staff were very helpful and accommodating. Very hot water for the showers.