16th Jan 2014

The hostel and staff were very good. They need a better common space, because is either the bar in the beach or just a table in the kitchen. They should be more careful when acommodating big groups: I was alone with a big group in my bedroom and they were a nightmare.

Hostel Casa Verde, Ilha Grande, Brazil
2.0
11th Jan 2014

I can't understand how could you advertise such a place: it's like sleeping in a tent, but paying a lot of money. No comfortable beds, no AC, breakfast is not good at all, no hot or warm showers. The don't accepted my credit card, even when they don't warn about that in the page, the staff is weird and unfriendly, when I said I was leaving they got angry and made me leave earlier than the check out time, and the charge me $R30 more than I was supposed to pay. It wasn't a good experience at all.

Books Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
7.4
2nd Jan 2014

Bedroom comfortable with AC, but they really need to have another one in the common area. Breakfast is ok. Bathrooms are clearly not enough, there were only two in my floor (for about 30 people!!!) and the last two days they were both out of order. The staff was half and half: the frenchs working at the bar were great, but the italian girl at reception wasn't nice at all, she didn't even say good morning and never smiled. The owner didn't seem so nice and welcoming to me like everyone else say.

Hey Honey, I am sorry for that. We are working to improve. Bathrooms were divided in two. I can admit that I was not on my best shape. I am sorry I was not friendly at that time. I hope it didn't bother you too much.

Vila Madalena Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
26th Dec 2013

It is a great hostel, people from the staff are all very friendly and welcoming, the room I stayed in was really comfortable. Bathrooms are really clean. The only con, is that it is a little bit far away from the metro station, but it's not that important.