Location: Netherlands, Gender: Male, Age: 25

ibis budget Hotel Glasgow

Glasgow, Scotland

It's very clean. The staff is friendly. There is free parking. The rooms are a bit small, but it fits.The only minor issue was that it can be hot in the room. You can't put the window wide open, and the ventilation cooler can't beat the heat either.

• 16th Jul 2015

Cloisterbank Guest House

Dundee, Scotland

This guesthouse is far from the city centre. It took us 10 min driving by car to go to there. There is a bus stop in front of the house, but unfortunately the staff can't give you information about the bus schedule. The kitchen is a mess, and the dining room is not clean either. The tab of the sink in the room does not work. You have to ask the staff for the free wifi code. Why not put it on a note in the hallway next to the other notes? This one of the worst places I've ever stayed in.

• 15th Jul 2015

Saddle Mountain Hostel

Invergarry, Scotland

A very cosy and tidy hostel. The hosts are very kind and helpful. They can tell you a lot of things about places you would like to visit in Scotland. The kitchen is clean and with more than sufficient kitchen supplies. The Wifi is fast. Mattresses are good. We especially enjoyed the little things like quietness, the pictures of mountains and the birds eating from the bird feeders in the backyard. We have stayed at 5 different accommodations during our trip in Scotland, and this one is the best!

• 14th Jul 2015

Cowgate Tourist Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

I was a bit worries with all the negative reviews, but gladly we had a really great time. We stayed for 4 nights in a 4 bed dorm. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is very good to explore the city by foot. A Tesco and Lidl are close if you want to do some cooking. The kitchen is clean and has sufficient kitchen items. On our floor were 2 showers with hot water and 2 toilets, which was more than enough. It can be a bit noisy, but with earplugs it is no problem.

• 10th Jul 2015

Kangaroo-Stop

Dresden, Germany

Great location, free parking, free WIFI. The nearest supermarket is 3 min walking. They give you a really nice free map to explore Dresden.

• 22nd Jul 2014
  • Globetrotter

Staff is really nice and relaxed. The nearest supermarket is 10 minutes walking. Free WIFI. We've had an excellent stay at Sandino Hostel.

• 16th Jul 2014

Posh Hotel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Really great staff, good breakfast, good internet. I only couldn't make international phone calls, that was the only thing I wasn't happy about.

• 17th Mar 2014

Town House 50 Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Really good staff, amazing atmosphere, excellent free breakfast, a power socket next to your bed, good free wifi. It is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in.

• 14th Mar 2014

One Stop Hostel

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

It is a nice hostel. The internet works, every bed has its own power socket and reading light, the aircon works, the mattress is nice and soft. I would stay here again.

• 11th Mar 2014

One Stop Hostel Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Big lockers, nice mattresses, good communal area, good aircon, close to pubstreet and the old market. Every bed has its own power socket, reading light. They soap and shampoo in the shower. I was really happy with my stay here.

• 8th Mar 2014

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

Nice hostel with a good free breakfast. The water wasn't working in the beginning, so the toilets could't be flushed. Next time they should put a bucket of water with a scoop next to the toilet, so you can manually flush it. They turn on the aircon around 16.00 or 17.00 in the dorms. The separate showers have a really nice big showerhead.

• 5th Mar 2014

A Little Bird 2 Guest House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I really liked the complementary tea and coffee. The staff was excellent!!

• 12th Feb 2014

U-Baan Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

Joy was really kind and nice! The atmosphere was really good in this hostel.

• 9th Feb 2014

Journey Guesthouse

Phuket Town, Thailand

Really nice and homelike atmosphere. The staff was really helpful. Breakfast contains of bread with jams, coffee/thea and fresh banana's and mandarins, which is pretty good in my opinion.

• 27th Jan 2014

Turtlecove Accommodation

Whitianga, New Zealand

I liked the communal area with an open kitchen. The free breakfast was great as well!

• 20th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

Hi thank you for your review we are happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our communal areas and our free breakfast. Regards Turtlecove Crew

Rock Solid Backpackers Rotorua NZ

Rotorua, New Zealand

One of the best hostels I have stayed in so far in New Zealand, because: - The free internet is fast. - Big lockers, even my 70L Backpack, my 30L Daypack and my laptopbag fitted in there together. - Nice central location. - Free Pool, Ping Pong, Xbox, hiring DVD's. - Clean kitchen. All the equipment is really new, so cooking is a bliss here. - Not noisy - Cheap

• 17th Jan 2014

YHA National Park Backpackers & Climbing Wall

Tongariro National Park, New Zealand

I liked it that they organised the drop off and pickup to the Tongariro Crossing. They also give good information about the track. The 2 kitchens are clean. Bathrooms are clean. The downside for me was that there is no free WIFI for YHA members.

• 13th Jan 2014

The Dwellington

Wellington, New Zealand

Nice atmosphere. There is no sign of the hostel at the front of the building, which makes it a little confusing. I liked the free breakfast. The kitchen was not always clean, because a lot of people staying there lacked to clean up their own dishes. The beds were really stable and nice. I really liked it that every bed had its own power plug, even the top beds! The free internet didn't work, but that didn't matter. There was a library with free internet close by.

• 10th Jan 2014

Sequoia Lodge Backpackers

Picton, New Zealand

The free chocolate pudding with ice at 8.00 is really a nice gesture!

• 6th Jan 2014

The Bug Backpackers

Nelson, New Zealand

Great nice and helpfull staff. I really liked the free fresh bread in the morning. Hostel in not to big, which makes the it cosy and gives it a great atmosphere. I also liked the big selection of herbs. It is only a bit far away from the city, but the free hire bicycles are a good solution for this.

• 4th Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

I really liked the section with the wood heater where you can dry your clothes when they got when in the rain. I also liked free breakfast in the morning and the free soup and bakeries in the evening.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Globetrotter

I really liked the free vegetarian soup and the free popcorn. I also liked that you have your own kitchen and fridge in your room.

• 22nd Dec 2013

Tuatara Lodge

Invercargill, New Zealand

Staff didn't know about my booking. The hostel doesn't have a homelike atmosphere. The inside of the building looked like a hospital to me.

• 20th Dec 2013