You get what you pay for. Ok place to stay, away from the noise and party crowd of South Beach, which is good for me. Located in a residence area, very close to the beach. Room had a kitchen but no pots or something to cook, only plates and cutlery. The patio is nice for hanging out in the sun until the flight leaves. Supermarket close by. The place is a little old and run down, but it is ok for a couple of nights. Rooms have lockers. I felt safe walking around the area after dark.

• 5th Jan 2014

Auberge NOLA

New Orleans, USA

This place is really really nice and very new, still the owner knows exactely what he is doing. It is a little outside downtown, but for me this was great as it was also very quiet. The bed was really comfy, the bathroom and sleeping room were spacy. The kitchen is brand-new and offers everything one needs, incl. a dishwater. The walk downtown is save and nice and takes about 20min. The owner helps you in any way he can, incl. calling airport taxis etc. I had a great time there!

• 3rd Jan 2014

This hostel is a nice place to stay if you like to party and be in the middle of the party mile. There are two buildings, one is directly at the ocean front, the other one block behind it. I stayed two nights in the second building, which was fine until the put a guy into the all female room. When he came in with a member of staff I told her so, but she ignored me. I wouldn't mind a mixed dorm if I pay for it and also if there is a proper bathroom.

• 20th Dec 2013