Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

• 10th Jan 2014

Astor Victoria

I stayed here for one night before and returned for a one-night stay. I mainly chose it because of its proximity to Victoria coach station, where I had to catch an early coach. It's generally pretty clean, but the ensuite shower has no curtains, so it was very awkward. My dorm mates left the dorm so I could have shower, but this would have been difficult to arrange if we had a full dorm.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate you took your time rating and leaving us a comment. We also have showers in all the levels with changing areas which make them more private. Hoping to seeing you next time in London. Regards, The Astor Victoria Team

Bath YMCA

Bath, England

I enjoyed my stay. I was staying in a large dorm, but because it's winter and the off-peak season for travel, I only shared my dorm with 1-2 people. The Internet access was only limited to the lobby and every hour I had to print out a new code, which is annoying, because I sometimes spend several hours on the Internet. There's free (continental) breakfast, with cooked breakfast available for purchase on weekends only; I wanted to get cooked breakfast but couldn't on weekdays.

• 21st Dec 2013
  • China

I think you may have been given some miss information about the internet vouchers. They used to last for one hour, but we changed it, they now last for 24hrs from the time you log on.

Astor Victoria

I enjoyed staying at Astor Hostel. I was in a female dorm and met some nice people staying there. However, the ensuite shower did not have any curtains or changing areas, so I felt it was very awkward.

• 19th Dec 2013