Location: Australia, Gender: Male, Age: 34

Colombian Hostel

Cali, Colombia

Easily the bet choice in hostel for Cali, Maurice welcomes you with a free beer and takes every new guest around the hostel and explains about Cali activities. Really well setup, quiet location but close to the old town. Highly recommended.

friend thanks for your advice ;) thanks for your words thanks for sharing new experiences in colombia_CALI Greetings my fellow ARCHITECT always work to give the best of us and provide as much information to do in Cali. we are very happy that you liked everything, we hope you come back soon ;) Carolina_Mauricio ;)

El Viajero Cartagena Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

Well setup typical chain super hostel. A nice bar area, and tv room. The layout is a bit prison-esque, and my room was right on the road, coupled with a generally youthful clientele, I didn't get a lot of sleep. Not for those seeking the chilled vibe and the breakfast sucked. Location is awesome and staff are helpful.

Black Sheep Hostel Medellin

Medellin, Colombia

Awesome hostel staffed by enthusiastic people always willing to help with information and traveler needs. The facilities are awesome, so comfortable in fact it gets difficult to leave. Huge commercial kitchen, big couches and cable TV, and plenty of social areas to hang out. Location is perfect, close enough to the action but in a very quiet and safe neighborhood. Only downer is there is no breakfast, but plenty of close cheap bakeries and cafe's. Highly recommended.

Anandamayi Hostel & Hotel

Bogota, Colombia

Fantastic hostel, awesome gardens and relaxing areas, fast wifi plus computers, great breakfast and very attentive staff. We are using Bogota as a base for our Colombian travels and will definitely return to Anandamayi.

Barra Guest Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

Good hostel with decent breakfast and nice hammocks for relaxing. Close to the beaches and the shopping center. Staff are awesome and happily answered questions. Facilities could be improved, the kitchen is a bit old and our shower had no hot water, but that was only our room. Easily fixed.

Thank you for your feedback, I'll think how I can improve the kitchen for the guests. Nice travels!!

Santa Tere Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

More of a mini resort than a hostel, this place is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. I cannot fault them. The brand new facilities are second-to-none and the army of cleaning staff keep the whole place spotless. The staff literally treat you like family and are a wealth of information. We originally booked 4 nights and stayed 2 weeks. Couldn't recommend Santa Tere enough. Thanks Roberto, Maria and Martin. Special thanks to Ricardo and Mirella you guys were amazing!! New friends 4 life.

Backpackers Sunset

Florianopolis, Brazil

Really well setup hostel. Staff are awesome and the meals out of the bar/restaurant were fantastic! View is excellent and they have multiple day and night activities. Good breakfast and clean.

Negrita Hostel

Punta del Este, Uruguay

One of the best hostels on our five month trip thus far. The staff are incredible (thanks Gabo), and the hostel enjoys a really relaxed/chilled vibe. If it's a party hostel you're after, this place isn't for you - but if you're in need of simply the best Asado in the WORLD (Thanks Bo), meeting awesome traveller types, good convo into the wee hours....bingo. Facilities are all there, good kitchen, sweet bar outdoor area, nice breakfast, hammocks, beds etc... Oh and Fiscaraldo the dog is awesome!

Che Salguero Youth Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

I consider myself to be a fairly seasoned backpacker, and IMHO this is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The staff are incredible, we felt as if we were at a backyard BBQ at home after only hours. I'm positive we've made a few friends for life. Nothing was to much of an ask for these guys. Facilities are all there, asados and dinner every other night in the patio, good pastries for breakfast, and the beds are the finest in the land. Thanks Che Selguero, we will return!

Milhouse Avenue

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Solid party hostel, if you're into that, this is definitely the place for you. The private rooms are surprisingly quiet, but the dorms are loud. I even had a couple banging away on the bunk above. Breakfast is good and the bar is value for money. Staff were always happy to help.