The name is true to itself, I left a couple of days ago and I'm quite happy; happy that I'm 5500 miles away from this place. Very pushy hostel (Ghan especially) in terms of forcing you to purchase treks through them. Being very tired, I ended up making a mistake and purchasing the Everest Base Camp trek for 905 USD (very expensive). Luckily, my flights to Lukla got cancelled so was entitled to a full refund. Ghan (who works/owns the hostel) tried to scam me by giving me 100 USD less.

Dear Patel you wrote what ever u want why hostelworld they don't ask any justification with us he booked trek with us or not other wise why he is writing like this.you just ask booked 1 night you asked me how much for EBC trek i told you 905 usd all your food ,accommodation and 2 flight ticket. people they know who been there this price is cheap or expensive? after next morning you gone to pokhara but now you talking about flight got cancelled? you asked me i night free room that's why u are not

Sagar Guest House

Varanasi, India

Stayed here for one night. Owner is a friendly dude who you can have really good conversation with, says it how it is (especially if you want to talk about Indian politics). On the downside, his Dad is vile and rude. Avoid talking to him, and you'll have a pleasant stay at this guest house.

Pyrenees Home Stay

Agra, India

Vile - absolutely vile. AVOID this place at all costs. Rooms are dusty, unclean and teeming with cockroaches. But that's not the end of it. Owner tried to overcharge us - then threatened our lives by saying that "He knows how to f*ck people up" - suffice it to say, we made a swift exit from Agra after this - but not after reporting this incident to the police. The owner is violent, rude and extremely pushy. If you refuse to eat at his restaurant he becomes very hostile. AVOID this place.

• 27th Apr 2014

How well u r born and brought up your attitude puts a big question mark to it.how well u can exaggerate your lie is your birth admiring i must admit it.your r a typical British Gujarati, set abroad who exxagerate's about his lifeis over there,god only knows about your study at Cambridge university also being a typical bloody British Gujarati.(others Gujarati are better off then u) u thoroughly enjoyed our service later how casually & easily denied to pay and putting allegation of overcharging & being pushy.if your stand at the point correct at that point,why u earth didn't seek the advice of the police in writing?why everything verbally&on net¬ registered your complaint here in agra? i guess,it's a disease from which you are suffering from which in my opinion is going to be very devastating in the future for you,there for god sake,improve your atitute or you'll be the suffer in the end. i have come to know that all the places that you've been to you only defamed them. exp..(Kathmandu)i am sure there many of them........(Nepal) 34% (hostel world feedback which is write by u....The name is true to itself, I left a couple of days ago and I'm quite happy; happy that I'm 5500 miles away from this place. Very pushy hostel (Ghan especially) in terms of forcing you to purchase treks through them. Being very tired, I ended up making a mistake and purchasing the Everest Base Camp trek for 905 USD (very expensive). Luckily, my flights to Lukla got cancelled so was entitled to a full refund. Ghan(who works/owns the hostel) tried to scam me by giving me 100 USD less. i think you write every where about hostel about Indian peoples nonsense. As far that video you claim you don't have any whereas.but i have evidence about your behave in my C C V T camera about you as well your friend.i don't want across the limit as being such good host .if u again trying to do......again..i can't stop my self to sending video to the British embassy ,Cambridge university as well British Gujarati community . take good care......

Salve Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

Something I really liked about this place. Very comfortable beds, and an all round good atmosphere. Was staying in this hostel the night before the riots fully kicked off in Independence Square, but felt safe and secure nonetheless. Would very much recommend.

• 15th Feb 2014