Staff charged $3 for washing the sheets. This is a cost that is not disclosed appropriately at booking. Other guests commented about bugs and a staff member was using Mr Muscle (domestic oven cleaner) to spray sheets of affected guests. Saw new mattresses lined up in hallway. No I would not stay again and recommend going elsewhere. BTW I have travelled the world for over 20 years and this is in the bottom 10% of places I've stayed in. No locker in room. Door open to many.

Sydney Central YHA

Asylum Sydney

Base Sydney

Sydney, Australia

Its a party hostel and does it well. Some rooms are above a nightclub so it IS loud at night. Staff do not control noise levels or in room parties which is a shame. Good if you want it though.

Sydney Central YHA

Great place.

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

Isaacs Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

The location was good for the bus but I was disappointed that there are no lockers in the room for your gear, internet is unreliable and only available in the reception area. When the kitchen is closed, you cannot get water to drink and receptions advises you to go to a near shop and buy some (is this legal??). Apart from that, it is a nice place and has a social atmosphere.

Glad you liked us and the atmosphere - and for taking the time to feedback on some issues. We have lockers in basement as not reallly the space in the Dorms and it did cause a number of operational probems .On the plus side you can access lockers before and after check out in basement should you need to leave your luggage .We only have wifi in reception as it could be a big annoyance to guests trying to rest in dorms and we really want our hostel to retain it lovely sociable atmosphere

Riverside Hostel Gdansk

Gdansk, Poland

Mosquito Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Adagio Hostel 2.0 Basilica

Budapest, Hungary

Adagio was a bit 'average' compared to other local hostels. Their environmental credentials are spot on though. Showers had timers to conserve water flow and no area to store shampoo etc. Door is approx. 30 cm from shower curtains so short shower. Common room had no TV( (save electricity - good) and use of recycled wood pallets with cushions on top was original idea . I like the fact no cows were harmed on making sofa or other such unnecessary furniture.

Friends Hostel Bucharest

Bucharest, Romania

The location is not in a nice area and risky at night. It appears as if it is owned and run by a family who treat it as their home (laundry drying in the hallways, kids using the stereo late at night, granny doing ironing in the kitchen at 7am etc). It's friendly but I'd rather not backpacking as we know it.

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Lots of young people enjoying cheap beer. A party place but little sleep.

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

Great hostel to be based in. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The view from the roof is excellent.

Atlantis Hotel Thessaloniki

Thessaloniki, Greece

Great value. Good location and easy to find. Staff very helpful. I'd be happy to stay again.

Athens Backpackers

Athens, Greece

It was sharing an apartment in Athens. No communal areas so difficult to meet people unless you went to the 'sports bar' just down the road. I'd rather have booked a basic hotel for the same price and enjoyed a double bed and a/c.

Katerina And John Hotel

Santorini, Greece

This is a good basic hotel. John and Katerina are most helpful and that is what makes the stay. There is a moped hire close by (with well maintained bike - I know, I ride) and bus stop n bakery are an easy walk should you need it. I'd be happy to stay again.

A private room here beats a boring corporate hotel anyday. Love the bar and fireplace down stairs.

Vilnius Old Town Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Dissapointed as it has a high rating. The Double room is next to a main road and is at at street level (people looking in at night & train noise). The dorm beds were small and could not fit a 6 foot tall person straight. Reception staff variable. Some more interested in TV, some helpful, one promised to look after my bag (computer etc) but when I returned the next person did not know about it. :(

I nice hostel but I am now in better. Franks is on a main road and you get this and also train noise from across the river. Minimal sleep. Staff are locals and very friendly and try hard but the place is not up to 'best in 2005' standard. Security was an issue as the room had to keep the door open to get ventilation. Security to site is v. good thoug.