The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Great hostel. Kinda loud if you are on the first floor. I would recommend staying in the 10 bed dorm instead of the 8 to ensure that you will be upstairs and then you have a bathroom in the dorm room as well. Highly recommend. I added one nights to my stay.

Loved this hostel! One of my favorites. Great walking tours. The bar at night was a great place to meet people before going out for tapas or the club. Really cool people working there that where super helpful and friendly. Great atmosphere and I loved the location being in the Arabic quarters - gave me a feel of the city that I may not have gotten otherwise.

Nikbor

Barcelona, Spain

Only stayed one night, so may not haven't the most insight. They rely heavily on Casa gracia (hostel near them) for activities, gathering and food. I also stayed at Casa gracia for 7 nights and found the facilities/common room/activities to be much better there. Nikbor didn't provide keys for the large dorm rooms either which I didn't like.

Casa Gracia Barcelona Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Had activities every night which was nice although the dinners was quite expensive. Very helpful staff. Got a clean towel every day. It is kinda out of the way from a lot of the main attractions, but you can catch the metro really easily. Not as easy to meet people as in other hostels since it is so big, but overall I would recommend it. Felt more like a hotel than a hostel, and I like a more hostel vibe personally.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Loved this hostel! The guys working at it were so friendly and helpful. They created an awesome atmosphere with drinking games, poker, or other activities every night. Super inclusive. Good breakfast. Privacy curtain, own light and plug were great. Best hostel I have stayed in. The atmosphere and staff can't be beat.

Pella-Inn

Athens, Greece

I was there in the off season so the atmosphere wasn't super great. Nobody was ever in the common room or at the bar, but still ended up meeting some great people. Awesome location. Facilities aren't the best I have ever had, but definitely nothing bad. Not sure how often the blankets get washed, but sheets are changed. Staff could have been more helpful. I would say it was average overall. Nothing great (besides the location) nor terrible.

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Staff was very helpful, particularly the women on the afternoon/night shifts. Kitchen was great, although if you did not use the kitchen to cook there was not another common room to meet people. As a woman traveling alone, I felt very safe at this hostel and would definitely return if I am in Rome again!

Reykjavik Backpackers

Reykjavik, Iceland

Decent hostel. I was only there one night, which I was pleased about because the facilities weren't very clean, the staff was only semi-helpful and my room was freezing. The bar downstairs is a nice touch though and was in a good location