Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge, Tokyo, Japan
7th Jul 2017

This is a really cool hostel that I really enjoyed staying in! It's in a really good location, literally 5 mins walk from a subway station, and right next to the river with a great view of the Skytree. Can walk easily to Asakusa (many attractions and restaurants). The atmosphere is great, the staff are lovely, the facilities are all clean and there is an elevator. Not only is there a friendly bar and cafe downstairs, but there is a great sitting room on the top floor where you can chill out.

Thank you for staying with us and best comment! We have nothing to say because you mention everything we have in our hostel!

MaxiALPA, Okinawa, Japan
6th Jul 2017

The location is fabulous, but it really is a capsule hotel. If what you need is just a place to sleep, this is perfect. The security is very good and the sleeping areas are very private. But there weren't any places to meet anyone or have a chat, except the cafe on the first floor (which you have to pay for anyway). You are right next to the main shopping street - it's literally a 4 min walk away. I really appreciated the location, just found it hard to meet people!

Hostel Casa Noda, Nagasaki, Japan
28th Jun 2017

It's in a really good location, and the staff are really helpful and lovely. It's right next to a tram station and just down the road from Nagasaki station, so incredibly well-placed. Be aware that you have to climb a lot of stairs to get there and there's no elevator - those with large amounts of luggage might find it difficult. Can be a little noisy at night, as it's right next to the road, but that didn't bother me.

Tonagi Hostel × Cafe, Fukuoka City, Japan
27th Jun 2017

Only stayed one night, but it was a comfortable place near where I wanted to go. It's not that close to the station, but you can access it easily enough via bus or subway. Cute cafe downstairs. Easy-to-use facilities.

J-Hoppers Hiroshima Guesthouse, Hiroshima, Japan
24th Jun 2017

I enjoyed my stay here a lot. The beds were comfortable and you didn't get noise from the outside. I was fine because I had brought good padlocks for my suitcase and belongings, but there weren't any lockers provided from memory so some people might be worried. The location is very close to the peace park, so that was good for me as I mostly wanted to go there, but was a little far from the station - though very close to the tram station. There was a nice common room with Jamaican music.

Len Kyoto, Kyoto, Japan
22nd Jun 2017

I really enjoyed staying here - it was cool and chill and close to the river. It's not too difficult to get to the station, or anywhere else in Kyoto, and most of the cool restaurants are within walking distance. There is a really nice café and bar vibe downstairs and it's only like 2 mins away from the river, which provides wonderful scenery for an evening walk. Beds were comfy, there was privacy, showers were great. Everything was so clean and stylish!

Good Neighbors Hostel, Kanazawa, Japan
21st Jun 2017

Located right next to Kanazawa station and with free bike rental, this was definitely a great hostel! It's small and quiet, and has free plum wine in the evenings, meaning that you can get close to the other guests really easily. Beds are comfortable and wasn't too noisy. Staff were really friendly and will help you plan your sightseeing. I rented a bike and rode around the city - it's a wonderful city for biking around - and had a fantastic time. Definitely worth a visit.

Oakhostel Cabin, Tokyo, Japan
14th Jun 2017

I loved staying here - the staff, the people, the location were all great. Location is not too far away from everything, you have two stations really close to you and are connected to heaps of subway lines. The river is really close, which is a great location for an event stroll. The beds are comfortable and private, and the lounge is a great place for meeting new people. The staff were so helpful and friendly - I became really close to them and I want to thank them for being so lovely!

Khaosan Tokyo Origami, Tokyo, Japan
26th Jun 2015

This is the second time I've stayed in this hostel and I'll definitely stay again next time I'm in Tokyo. The location is excellent, right near the train station and the lovely Senso-Ji temple. The people are always helpful, the atmosphere is friendly and the beds are super comfy. Definitely check it out, you won't regret it.

Khaosan Tokyo Origami, Tokyo, Japan
21st Nov 2014

Very clean, welcoming hostel in the middle of Asakusa, very close to the subway station and Senso-ji temple. Will definitely stay again.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
Retrometro Backpackers, Tokyo, Japan
17th Nov 2014

Very cute hostel with a lovely atmosphere. This one was small but had a unique and friendly environment. Made a lot of friends here who I still keep in touch with. Staff are very, very helpful. Was a little small, but the bright atmosphere made up for it. Stay here if you are traveling alone and want to make new friends! Would definitely stay again.

31st Mar 2014

I only stayed here one night, which was such a shame! The atmosphere was so great - somehow more sophisticated and mature than a backpacker's hostel, they were lovely to talk to and offered me tea when I arrived, they helped me with everything I needed, they even gave me a welcome drink at the bar that night! I met some great people and could sleep very well that night. I will DEFINITELY stay again and I will recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Tokyo!

Fukuoka Backpackers Hostel, Fukuoka City, Japan
19th Mar 2014

I enjoyed my stay here. Like most Khaosans, there was a nice common room with a good vibe. It has an alright location, it:s pretty easy to find from Hakata station, although it was a bit of a long walk with luggage. My room was quite close to the common room, which meant it was a little noisy, though that is more the fault of noisy people than the hostel itself. Also, no dryer although there is a washing machine and a place to dry clothes on the roof.

Cabosu House Beppu Hamayu, Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan
17th Mar 2014

It was pretty good, except that there is only one shower (on the second floor) and that wasn't working when I was in. This is because there's an onsen on the bottom floor, but for those who don't want to use the onsen, there is pretty much no other option. Also, no laundry, but there's a coin laundry around the corner.

10th Mar 2014

I really liked this Khaosan probably number one of all the ones I stayed at. The beds were comfortable, so even though I was in a 10 bed dorm, I could still sleep. The location was also really easy, and pretty easy to find as well. Lots of good places around, like convenience stores, etc, plus it's easy to get to the station from there.

28th Feb 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at Khaosan World. I've been in a couple of other hostels, and this was by far the best one. The facilities were clean, there were many different places to hang out and meet people, and the staff weren't just friendly, they were awesome! The only thing that was annoying were the other people in my room, who were occasionally loud, but there were signs in the room that told people to be quiet, so I guess there's nothing that can be done about that.