Stayokay Amsterdam Vondelpark

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Upon first arriving I was "greeted" by a woman on the reception who gave me the impression I was inconveniencing her, I had to go away for hour and come back when I had calmed down, noticed the same attitude to other people while around the lobby, so wasn't just myself, not good. Seemed like a place for kids, on the upside was clean, had to make your own bed, sheets were provided in a sealed plastic bag, showers were tempremental, hot minute cold the next. for the price charged was reasonable.

Thank you for your review and ratings. We are very sorry about the way one of our staff members greeted you upon arrival. We will definitely look into this as we consider friendliness and helpfulness from our receptionists as very important. We do hope you had a great stay despite this! Frank, Stayokay Vondelpark

Aivengo Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Passed through this hostel a few times before, always found it a good place to stay, beds were very clean and fresh and showers are good also, discovered they had an upstairs part of the hostel this time which was smaller than the main part of the building, you'll also notice there are these massive beams which appear to take the weight of the structure of the buildings it's possible these are the same as when they were originally constructed back in 1630. Nice place, Would recommend.