Reviews: CRiley2310116227

Location USA, Gender Female, Age 25

• USA, Female, 25-30
Hostel One Home, Prague, Czech Republic
16th May 2016

This was my second time staying here and it was just as great as the first time! The people (staff and other travelers) are so friendly, the nightly dinners are always delicious and fun, and the rooms have everything you need (lockers, locks, shelves, etc). Still the best hostel I've ever been to :). Thanks guys!

• USA, Female, 25-30
The Hat Madrid, Madrid, Spain
12th May 2016

The Hat is really great! Super clean, outlets where you need them, nice showers, and the I used to go to the rooftop bar all the time when I lived in Madrid-- it's popular with locals which I think makes it even better. No complaints here!

Posada San Francisco, San Juan, Puerto Rico
23rd Mar 2016

Posada San Francisco is definitely VERY basic-- but you are paying very basic prices and staying in a perfect location in Old San Juan. Location and safety are most important for me, and in those respects, Posada San Francisco is perfect. The balconies have beautiful views! One thing to note, if it's important to you-- there is only wifi in the common areas and balconies, not in the rooms. I didn't really care but I know some people would. Overall, a very nice stay!

Park Villa, London, England
20th Nov 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel a lot, especially for the price! I've stayed in hostels in London before and usually found them insanely expensive for what they were, but Park Villa was the opposite, as long as being right in the middle of everything isn't the most important thing to you. It is a bit of a tube ride to get to most of the sights, but I thought it was worth the price. The facilities are so nice and clean also!

Castle Rock Hostel, Edinburgh, Scotland
16th Nov 2015

What a fantastic location for a hostel! Though the atmosphere wasn't as well suited for meeting people as many hostels I've stayed in, that could've been due to the off-season time I was visiting and the people in my room. The girls' bathroom was okay, but very cramped. Overall, I would definitely stay again!

Sungate One, Madrid, Spain
12th Nov 2015

I really enjoyed this hostel! Very centrally located, nice staff, and it seemed like a good, fun atmosphere, though I didn't really participate because I had lived in Madrid and was visiting friends for my time there. Would definitely recommend, especially for the great price and location.

Home Lisbon Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Jun 2015

This was such a great place to stay, from the great home-cooked dinners to the kind staff and nice rooms! Would never stay at any other hostel in Lisbon.

360 Hostel Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
3rd Apr 2015

Really nice place! The staff were super nice (I had a hurt ankle while I was there and they did everything they could to help me out), and the facilities and location were great too. They have lots of activities at night; my favorite was the yummy free paella that happened to be on my birthday night! Definitely recommend this place :).

Hostel One Home, Prague, Czech Republic
30th Mar 2015

LOVED Hostel One Home. I actually broke (though I didn't know it was broken then) my ankle while in Prague and the staff there went out and got me crutches and took great care of me-- though I couldn't see much those last few days in Prague, the home-cooked meals and friendly people (staff and guests) made me leave feeling much better than I think I would have at any other hostel. I can't thank the staff enough for all the kind deeds and words from that week! Perfect for young travelers!

AVAIL Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
27th Mar 2015

Sándor was an excellent host-- I wouldn't necessarily call this a hostel in the traditional sense, it was more like a shared apartment (just one other guy there while I stayed). I only say that because, as Sándor himself says in the description, this isn't a "party hostel" or a hostel where you're likely to meet tons of young travelers. That said, I had a great time and it's easy to see all of Budapest from AVAIL Hostel!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Tattva Design Hostel, Porto, Portugal
28th Feb 2015

Tattva is a really nice place! The only thing I could say is that, for being voted the "Best Large Hostel in the World," the staff could really be more helpful and nice. They weren't rude necessarily, but most of our questions went relatively unanswered. The exception would be the bartender, who was so sweet and went way out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our drinks! The hostel has a lot of cool things going on (dinner with the staff, Portuguese lessons, etc), too. Overall, great!

Hello ! Thank you for taking the time to review us and for ur nice words.Im really sorry to hear about our staff not being that nice. But i have good news for you: we have whole new staff now and really friendly one !Im sure the next time you come, you will love them!! Happy travels! From your Tattva friends!

• USA, All Female Group, 18-24
Ganbara Hostel, Bilbao, Spain
24th Jan 2015

This was a really nice place to spend my time in Bilbao. The location was awesome, right in the middle of the Casco Viejo and only a 20 minute walk to the Guggenheim. The staff was really friendly, and we were especially appreciative of the man who suggested we visit the funicular, which had amazing views of the city from above. Also, the bathrooms were some of the cleanest I've ever seen at a hostel. The atmosphere wasn't amazing, but I think that was due to it being off-season and empty.

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna, Vienna, Austria
12th Dec 2014

I had a great time at Hostel Ruthensteiner! The people on the staff were so friendly and helpful, and the location was really convenient being so close to Westbahnhof. Breakfast was pretty basic, but really cheap and included Nutella which we all know is priceless. And the free coffee refills definitely kept me going all day walking around in Vienna! Thanks for a great weekend :)!

I'll send your comments on to Nutella, I'm sure they'll be pleased ;). THANKS for your review, and for your visit! Come back anytime- the free refills will be here for you!!!

Hostel Van Gogh, Amsterdam, Netherlands
12th Jun 2014

I really liked this hostel-- it was well located, really clean, and fun. The only negative I can add is about the staff. While most of the staff I had contact with were wonderful, helpful, and kind, we did have a few problems with a few of the staff members. I got overcharged (on 2 different cards) for a museum pass one staff member sold me, and the second staff member told me to "look less panicked" when I asked about it... as if I shouldn't be panicked that a big chunk of my money was gone!

Residence les Ecrins, Brussels, Belgium
25th Apr 2014

I had a really nice stay at the Residence les Ecrins last weekend. The staff were so nice and talkative and really made me feel at home, and helped me with anything I needed (where to find an ATM, calling a cab for early in the morning, etc, staying up for my late arrival, etc.). The neighborhood was really nice and a very short walk (5-10 minutes) from the Grand Place, the central square of the city. Definitely not a hostel though, so be aware!

Hostal Atlanta, Palma de Mallorca, Spain
11th Apr 2014

I really enjoyed my time at Hostal Atlanta this past week. My friend and I knew we wanted a relaxed beach vacation, so being in the little resort suburb of Arenal was perfect for us. If you're more interested in seeing the sights in Palma, it might be worth it to stay somewhere else, but for the 2 days we went into the city it was easy to catch the bus. It was close to the beach, and the staff were so nice! Olly was hilarious and makes a great burger down at the bar/restaurant under the hostel.

Euro Youth Hostel, Munich, Germany
31st Jan 2014

This was a really nice place to stay for a weekend in Munich! It had a great hostel atmosphere-- the bar was fun, and people were always down in the breakfast/bar area so it was easy to meet people. My room was super clean and the bathroom was clean as well. The hostel was really close to a metro station so it was easy to get to the big sights, and it's walkable as well if you don't mind a 15 minute walk into the center. The people were very nice and helpful!