Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I really liked this hostel-- it was well located, really clean, and fun. The only negative I can add is about the staff. While most of the staff I had contact with were wonderful, helpful, and kind, we did have a few problems with a few of the staff members. I got overcharged (on 2 different cards) for a museum pass one staff member sold me, and the second staff member told me to "look less panicked" when I asked about it... as if I shouldn't be panicked that a big chunk of my money was gone!

Residence les Ecrins

Brussels, Belgium

I had a really nice stay at the Residence les Ecrins last weekend. The staff were so nice and talkative and really made me feel at home, and helped me with anything I needed (where to find an ATM, calling a cab for early in the morning, etc, staying up for my late arrival, etc.). The neighborhood was really nice and a very short walk (5-10 minutes) from the Grand Place, the central square of the city. Definitely not a hostel though, so be aware!

Hostal Atlanta

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

I really enjoyed my time at Hostal Atlanta this past week. My friend and I knew we wanted a relaxed beach vacation, so being in the little resort suburb of Arenal was perfect for us. If you're more interested in seeing the sights in Palma, it might be worth it to stay somewhere else, but for the 2 days we went into the city it was easy to catch the bus. It was close to the beach, and the staff were so nice! Olly was hilarious and makes a great burger down at the bar/restaurant under the hostel.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

This was a really nice place to stay for a weekend in Munich! It had a great hostel atmosphere-- the bar was fun, and people were always down in the breakfast/bar area so it was easy to meet people. My room was super clean and the bathroom was clean as well. The hostel was really close to a metro station so it was easy to get to the big sights, and it's walkable as well if you don't mind a 15 minute walk into the center. The people were very nice and helpful!