Tattva Design Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Tattva is a really nice place! The only thing I could say is that, for being voted the "Best Large Hostel in the World," the staff could really be more helpful and nice. They weren't rude necessarily, but most of our questions went relatively unanswered. The exception would be the bartender, who was so sweet and went way out of his way to make sure we enjoyed our drinks! The hostel has a lot of cool things going on (dinner with the staff, Portuguese lessons, etc), too. Overall, great!

• 28th Feb 2015

Hello ! Thank you for taking the time to review us and for ur nice words.Im really sorry to hear about our staff not being that nice. But i have good news for you: we have whole new staff now and really friendly one !Im sure the next time you come, you will love them!! Happy travels! From your Tattva friends!

Ganbara Hostel

Bilbao, Spain

This was a really nice place to spend my time in Bilbao. The location was awesome, right in the middle of the Casco Viejo and only a 20 minute walk to the Guggenheim. The staff was really friendly, and we were especially appreciative of the man who suggested we visit the funicular, which had amazing views of the city from above. Also, the bathrooms were some of the cleanest I've ever seen at a hostel. The atmosphere wasn't amazing, but I think that was due to it being off-season and empty.

• 24th Jan 2015

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna

Vienna, Austria

I had a great time at Hostel Ruthensteiner! The people on the staff were so friendly and helpful, and the location was really convenient being so close to Westbahnhof. Breakfast was pretty basic, but really cheap and included Nutella which we all know is priceless. And the free coffee refills definitely kept me going all day walking around in Vienna! Thanks for a great weekend :)!

I'll send your comments on to Nutella, I'm sure they'll be pleased ;). THANKS for your review, and for your visit! Come back anytime- the free refills will be here for you!!!

Hostel Van Gogh

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I really liked this hostel-- it was well located, really clean, and fun. The only negative I can add is about the staff. While most of the staff I had contact with were wonderful, helpful, and kind, we did have a few problems with a few of the staff members. I got overcharged (on 2 different cards) for a museum pass one staff member sold me, and the second staff member told me to "look less panicked" when I asked about it... as if I shouldn't be panicked that a big chunk of my money was gone!

Residence les Ecrins

Brussels, Belgium

I had a really nice stay at the Residence les Ecrins last weekend. The staff were so nice and talkative and really made me feel at home, and helped me with anything I needed (where to find an ATM, calling a cab for early in the morning, etc, staying up for my late arrival, etc.). The neighborhood was really nice and a very short walk (5-10 minutes) from the Grand Place, the central square of the city. Definitely not a hostel though, so be aware!

Hostal Atlanta

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

I really enjoyed my time at Hostal Atlanta this past week. My friend and I knew we wanted a relaxed beach vacation, so being in the little resort suburb of Arenal was perfect for us. If you're more interested in seeing the sights in Palma, it might be worth it to stay somewhere else, but for the 2 days we went into the city it was easy to catch the bus. It was close to the beach, and the staff were so nice! Olly was hilarious and makes a great burger down at the bar/restaurant under the hostel.

Euro Youth Hostel

Munich, Germany

This was a really nice place to stay for a weekend in Munich! It had a great hostel atmosphere-- the bar was fun, and people were always down in the breakfast/bar area so it was easy to meet people. My room was super clean and the bathroom was clean as well. The hostel was really close to a metro station so it was easy to get to the big sights, and it's walkable as well if you don't mind a 15 minute walk into the center. The people were very nice and helpful!