Reviews: davebrechtel9053

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 51

Hostel Baco Suites

Seville, Spain

I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was. It was a good surprise. The location is great. I walked everywhere I wanted to go but for most people, I'd suggest public transportation. The hotel was hard to find but only because the street names seemed to change and my map was not good. But, that was not Baco's fault. The staff was great, Nicoletta in particular was very helpful suggesting things to see and do and showing me where they were. The hotel itself is beautiful and security was great

Las Musas Hostel

Madrid, Spain

No complaints. Great location. Good internet. No A/C so my window had to stay open the whole time which wasn't a big deal since I was on the 3rd floor and it didn't rain the entire time. I had ear plugs, and needed them because the street noise (at all hours, well into the morning) could be heard in my room. The hostel itself was nice and quiet. Yes, I would stay there again, but I'd make sure I had earplugs again too.

Old Town Zagreb

Zagreb, Croatia

I had to shorten my stay by one day because of a last minute decision to visit Krka National Park from Split. Jelena was great and seemed eager to help me enjoy her city. As nice as she was, I wish I had more time there. She was great. It's obvious she loves to help her guests and enjoys getting to know them. Her place was a short walk from the Old Town, easy to get to from the train, safe, secure, clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there if I make it back to Zagreb. Thanks Jelena!

The location was PERFECT. Right in the heart of the palace but in a quiet area. A short walk to all the major sights. A very nice restaurant on the ground floor. (In fact you walk through the restaurant to get to the stairs to the hostel. Nice, clean, quiet, safe place.

Elite Guesthouse

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

My experience at Elite Guest House was wonderful. I arrived late but Mesa, the owner, insisted on picking me up at the train station anyway. On the way to his guest house, he drove me past some landmarks so I could get oriented. Once there, he gave me a choice of rooms, both the same price so he wasn't trying to upsell. He sat me down with a map and pointed out locations of restaurants he recommends. He very much reminds me of Robert DeNiro. He and his guest house were perfect. Great location.

Residence Rooms

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This hostel is run by an very nice Bosnian family. I think the mother's name is Naida. Her son Kareem and her husband go out of their way to make sure you are comfortable and satisfied. The location couldn't be better, about two small blocks from the Latin Bridge, and even closer to the Old Ottoman market area. A tram runs on the main road by the Latin Bridge so that's very convenient as well. I am very satisfied and would stay there again.

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

This was only my second ever stay in a hostel, first in a dorm. I'm 50 years old and was a little leery about whether it would work for me. That having been said, based on my experience here, and given the value, if I ever get back to Krakow, I'd do it again here. For students/backpackers, the staff is friendly, energetic and helpful. No complaints. The internet worked well. I actually enjoyed my stay. The outside looks scary. Inside is great.

Thank you so much for your review! We hope you'll visit Kraków again! :) cheers, JM