Reviews: melanieketels

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

13 Lunas Hostel

Chiloe, Chile

Easily one of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. Ancud is a decent city, not much to do which made this hostel the highlight of our trip. Clean rooms, awesome location, and I could go on and on about how wonderful, friendly, and helpful the staff were. I'd recommend 13 lunas to anyone passing through Chiloe!

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

Pretty basic hostel, good for the cost. Clean rooms and facilities, not super close to the center but a good 20 minute walk. I'd recommend this hostel!

Hostel Uppelink Ghent

Gent, Belgium

Excellent hostel! So close to the center and an awesome atmosphere. I was only passing through Ghent for a night but would definitely stay here if I come back. Helpful staff as well!

Auberge des 3 Fontaines

Brussels, Belgium

Definitely out of the way if you want to get to the city center easily. Clean facilities, but strangest hostel I've been to. More like a hotel so probably not the place if you're interested in meeting people

Hands down my favorite hostel I have ever stayed at. Perfect way to unwind after a place like Rome. Wonderful, helpful staff and such a lovely farm. I'd recommend to anyone and everyone!

Decent place to stay for the price. A bit far from the city but easy to get to and nice to get away from the madness that is Rome. Had bed bugs but staff was very apologetic and moved my room with no problem

Dubrovnik Cheap Room

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Very sweet, helpful family. It was my first time staying in this kind of bed and (no breakfast) but I would recommend to others staying in Dubrovnik. A bit of a walk to the city center but reasonably close to the stations and port.

Hostel Lika

Zagreb, Croatia

Incredibly helpful staff! Felt very welcome and comfortable. Definitely make an effort to help travelers meet. Clean bathrooms and bedrooms, would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Chichilli Tea Hostel Vienna

Vienna, Austria

More of an apartment than hostel, but still felt very welcome and met some nice people. Very quiet and family environment but nice place to sleep and rest.

Sokolska Youth Hostel

Prague, Czech Republic

Staff wasn't that friendly, but overall good hostel for the price. Clean kitchen, beds, and bathrooms and not that far of a walk to the center.

Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really friendly staff who are willing to answer all your questions, and are just cool people to hangout with. It was nice to escape from the overwhelming tourism in the center of Amsterdam. Really awesome atmosphere, plenty of places to hangout and get to know fellow travelers. Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed in, but consider how close it is to the beach.

Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pretty standard hostel, fair prices when it's not the weekend. A bit of a trek away from the center of the city, but not an awful bike or tram ride away. The staff was relatively helpful, but it's not somewhere I would stay for an extended period of time.

Hostel Urbano

San Jose, Costa Rica

My intention was to stay at a different hostel every night on my backpacking trip through Costa Rica, but I kept finding myself back at Hostel Urbano. The staff was beyond helpful and patient with every person staying there. The hostel itself was clean, comfortable, and safe. It was close enough to the center of the city but not close enough to be frustrated with the noise. Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at, I'd recommend Hostel Urbano to everyone!

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Nice, clean hostel with friendly staff. Within walking distance from the bus station which was helpful, and reasonable distance from the volcanoes. The only negative thing I'd have to say is that the keys they gave us for the rooms never worked, so if you weren't friendly with your bunkmates I could see it becoming frustrating. Also the fact that the reception desk was in the same vicinity of the restaurant made it difficult to find any quiet time.