Reviews: melanieketels

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 21

Flying Pig Beach Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Really friendly staff who are willing to answer all your questions, and are just cool people to hangout with. It was nice to escape from the overwhelming tourism in the center of Amsterdam. Really awesome atmosphere, plenty of places to hangout and get to know fellow travelers. Not the cleanest hostel I've stayed in, but consider how close it is to the beach.

Amsterdam Hostel Sarphati

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Pretty standard hostel, fair prices when it's not the weekend. A bit of a trek away from the center of the city, but not an awful bike or tram ride away. The staff was relatively helpful, but it's not somewhere I would stay for an extended period of time.

Hostel Urbano

San Jose, Costa Rica

My intention was to stay at a different hostel every night on my backpacking trip through Costa Rica, but I kept finding myself back at Hostel Urbano. The staff was beyond helpful and patient with every person staying there. The hostel itself was clean, comfortable, and safe. It was close enough to the center of the city but not close enough to be frustrated with the noise. Hands down the best hostel I have ever stayed at, I'd recommend Hostel Urbano to everyone!

Arenal Backpackers Resort

La Fortuna, Costa Rica

Nice, clean hostel with friendly staff. Within walking distance from the bus station which was helpful, and reasonable distance from the volcanoes. The only negative thing I'd have to say is that the keys they gave us for the rooms never worked, so if you weren't friendly with your bunkmates I could see it becoming frustrating. Also the fact that the reception desk was in the same vicinity of the restaurant made it difficult to find any quiet time.