Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 30

Makako Chill Out Hostel

Cartagena, Colombia

The staff here are really friendly and helpful and they have plenty of options for tours etc. There was at least 4 fans in my dorm which meant the heat wasn't a problem at all. I'd definitely stay here again.

Hostal La Casa de Felipe

Taganga, Colombia

The large amount of hammocks in the garden make this a great place to relax after a day of activities. The food from the restaurant is really tasty. Very nice hostel

Colombian Hostel

Cali, Colombia

This hostel is perfect in every way. You won't want to leave :)

thanks for having a special charisma was fun to share with you salsa thanks for sharing your great experiences and enjoy our great city cali remember always happy;) Mauricio - Carolina

Centro Turistico Brigitte

Cahuita, Costa Rica

The hostel was nice and you should definitely stay there if you were an animal lover. As it was low season however I seemed to be the only one staying there so there wasn't a lot to do as most of the tours won't run with just 1. The owner was very nice and friendly so you can ask her heaps of questions and she'll help you out.

Seaside Guesthouse

Belize City, Belize

Do not stay here, especially if you're a solo female traveller. When I showed up it was at exactly the same time as the police, who arrested someone that seemed to be living at the hostel. Not a good start. The girl that showed me around the hostel was obviously drunk and smelt awful. The hostel itself is very very basic and dirty, I decided I could live with that as I was only there one night. The big problem was the next day when Mitch the owner/manager decide he wanted to 'read my cards' j

Hostel Rio Playa

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Don't stay here if you actually want to sleep, if you want to party all night then it's fine. Try to avoid the 14 bed dorm, with only 1 air con unit for the whole room it was way too hot. We didn't get issued with a key for the dorm or hostel, so definitely make use of the lockers, I got the feeling anyone could wonder in off the street.

The Attic Backpackers

Auckland, New Zealand

Probably the best hostel I stayed in, in Nee Zealand! The staff are super friendly and happy to answer any questions. The kitchen is nice and big and clean and the same with the rooms. The old style lift into the building is super cool not annoying like others have said.

Thanks for your awesome feedback! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the staff friendly and helpful! :-) We are also pleased to hear that you liked the old school lift ;-) Hope to see you again next time! Cheers- The Attic Team

YHA Auckland City

Auckland, New Zealand

Junohall YHA Hostel Waitomo

Waitomo, New Zealand

The staff are really friendly at this little hostel, happy to answer any questions and give you a lift to the bus stop so you don't need to walk with your backpack. So many comfy sofas to curl up on after a day of caving and lots of DVDs to keep you entertained in the evenings :)

YHA Wellington City

Wellington, New Zealand

I don't normally go for big hostels but I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The 2 kitchen areas meant it wasn't over crowded in the evenings. The staff at reception were super friendly and more than happy to help out with any queries.

Southern Laughter

Queenstown, New Zealand

Very friendly and happy staff. Love the free popcorn.