• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Monkey Jane's Guesthouse, Yangshuo, China
7.1
20th Feb 2015

Really fun rooftop bar which is great for a view during the day or for a good party at night but I would not recommend staying here. The rooms are not great, our water stopped working in the whole building for a couple hours, and staff is not very friendly (except for the bar tender - he is awesome!). Stay at another hostel but definitely come to Monkey Janes at night for beer pong or just to meet cool people!

• USA, Female, 25-30
Tavern 47, Shangri-la, China
28th Aug 2014

Love this hostel!! It is a beautiful tradition Tibetan home. Cozy rooms for a great price. The food is amazing and reasonably priced (try the yak burger!). The staff was also extremely helpful. They all speak English and helped us organize our tours and activities and tickets onto our next destination. The owner Jun personally drove us to our activities, got us a great deal on horse riding, and drove us to the bus station so we didn't have to get a taxi! AWESOME PLACE!

• USA, Female, 25-30
26th Aug 2014

We loved it here!! The staff were super helpful and spoke amazing English. The atmosphere was super cozy. We felt like we were hanging out in a friend or families home. The facilities were all spotless and new. Absolutely breath taking view of the mountain. A bit far from town but worth it get the laid back chilled atmosphere and it was easy to take the 1RMB bus right to the ancient city. Can't recommend this place enough!!

• USA, Female, 18-24
Day Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
4.0
14th Aug 2014

I had a very bad experience with this hostel! Lives up to the ChungKing Mansions bad reputation! Online they advertised the room as 24RMB a night for a single private room, an incredible bargain. 4 hours after I booked the hostel emailed me and told the room was actually 240 HKD a night. I decided this was okay and booked anyway. When I arrived they said they only had dorm rooms, I said fine but I wanted all female they agreed then put a man in the room 10 minutes later! Terrible terrible!