I Keu Ken Hostel

El Calafate, Argentina

Great environment and staff. The view from the hostel is gorgeous. It's about a 15min walk from downtown but there are no paved roads that lead to the hostel so the walk there can be pretty dusty. highly recommend their asados if you are lucky enough to be around for one.

Rancho Grande Hostel

El Chalten, Argentina

Very clean hostel and great staff. It feels a little more like a hotel but it has everything you can ask of a hostel. They have a nice restaurant inside the hostel that is much better and cheaper than most restaurants around. The only downside is that they do not offer breakfast (they have a kitchen though)

We booked our room in advance online, when we arrived at the hostel we realized we were paying 50 pesos more per person than the actual rate. When I asked the front desk girl about the big price difference, she was extremely rude and told me that is the way hostels work. The staff also had little knowledge of the more difficult hikes. They also had no water for 2 days. They said it was a problem in the whole town but other hostels and businesses around did not have that problem.

Timbo Posada

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

Nice, small hostel. Great environment. The pool is very small. Breakfast is pretty average for Argentina.

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. The hostel is close to the beach and many restaurants. The rooms are pretty crowded. Breakfast is ok. They have watermelon everyday! They offer activities for every night, however they are extremely touristy bars/clubs with little opportunities to explore the real Rio night life.

Ocara Hostel

Manaus, Brazil

Very friendly staff and great atmosphere. My fiance got sick during our stay and they were extremely accommodating and helpful. They cook the best fish in the area. If you are around for that I highly recommend it. Manaus is a very big city and the hostel doesn't seem to be in the safest area. However, we never had any problems.