NgocThao GuestHouse

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We've been travelling since june 2014, this guest house is up in our top 5. Very helpful staff, 1 excellent english speaker (I think the manageress) the others can get by. Good free wifi throughout) internet available free in the lobby. Close to backpackers chosen hangout street. Secure parking fir our bicycles 300m across the park. We're going back on our way thru to Bangkok.

• 11th Feb 2014

International Guesthouse

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Not bad, not brilliant. On the edge of the 'go to' district. Wifi ok, everything ok really, I'd stay again if I was passing thru

Green Park Village Guesthouse

Siem Reap, Cambodia

A bit out of town (ie beer street) but there's a free tuktuk into town whenever you want. Between $2

@Hua Lamphong

Bangkok, Thailand

Very nice place, room was very clean, a/c quiet. This place is 2 mins from the cental railway station in Bangkok. We found it an excellent place to stay the night before getting the 'oh my god its early' train to Poipet (Thai Cambodia border), if your taking bikes you need to be there early to get them on. About 2-3 miles from 'backpacker cental' which shouldn't ve more than 200 baht in a taxi.

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Very helpful but not brilliant english speaking. Then again I can't speak Sri Lankan! Arranged tuktuk to airport for early flight, so cheap I realised how much we'd been ripped off on the way in! Don't pay more than SRu 500 to get from airport to Negombo. When coming out if arrivals terminal turn right walk to end of building and across the road on your left under some trees will be 'relatively' honest tuktuk. Guest house needs booking in advance its always busy!

• 23rd Jan 2014

Sigiri Holiday Inn

Dambulla, Sri Lanka

Close enough to Sigiri, pleasant enough but no breakfast and a bit expensive. Saying that I'd stay again if I were in the area

• 22nd Jan 2014

Majestic Tourist Hotel

Kandy, Sri Lanka

A bit hard to find in the dark, somewhat basic but been in worse. The roof top restaurant, by its very nature, is a fair few flights up! Lovely views tho.

• 20th Jan 2014

Tropic Inn @De Vos Avenue

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Very handy for the center of Colombo, a bit noisy if your in the wrong room (traffic noise) 5 mins walk from various shops and restaurants and the coast line, but no beach.....head 2-3ks south for that. Wifi in the lobby area and a good fruit breakfast

• 19th Jan 2014