Five Elements Hostel Frankfurt

Frankfurt, Germany

The hostel itself is really excellent - the rooms and bathrooms are new and clean, there is a big common room and in the basement there's a cool chillout room with a pool table and TV. The place is quite secure, which is needed because the location is sketchy. I only stayed one night because I was flying out the next day, and was never outside while it was dark out, so it wasn't much of an issue for me. I would have felt uncomfortable had I gone out by myself though.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Comebackpackers

Berlin, Germany

I had so much fun at this hostel. It is a bit older so it doesn't have amazing facilities, but everything you need is there, and it's all pretty clean. There is a full kitchen and a fun outside terrace. The atmosphere is great and it was easy to meet other people. The hostel is located in a really cool, fun, young neighbourhood, but there are some shady characters hanging around at night. There are so many people around outside though that I didn't feel threatened or uncomfortable.

• 22nd May 2014

Windmill Naxos

Naxos, Greece

We had a great stay at Windmill Naxos! It is located about a 5-10 minute walk from the centre of town. The place was spotless and spacious, and even as budget backpackers we thought it was such great value for an inexpensive price. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We'd recommend eating at a new restaurant just down the street called Nostimon Hellas, which is amazing and affordable. Until next time!

• 18th May 2014

Chillout Cengo

Istanbul, Turkey

An overall good place to stay. Located just off the main shopping/nightlife street and very close to Taksim square, it was nice to stay in an area not as touristy as Sultahnamet, however you can easily catch the tram to all the main attractions. Hostel has fast wifi, great showers, a kitchen and filtered water. It's not a party hostel, but easy to meet people and go out if you want. A downside was we didn't have a sheet on our bed for the first few nights. Ask reception!

• 9th Mar 2014

Keystone House Kings Cross

This hostel was more expensive than some, but after having a really bad experience with a cheaper hostel in London (which is a city with notoriously bad hostels) we decided to pay a little more and not take the chance. This hostel was very average, beds were comfy and clean though. There are LOTS of stairs in this place, and we were on the 4th floor also so watch out if you can't carry your luggage, as there's no elevator. Great location by Kings cross station. Atmosphere is ok, nothing special.

• 6th Mar 2014

Hi Thank you for taking the time to write a review. As the hostel is relatively new we are always trying to improve our facilities. Therefore we appreciate feedback from our guests so that we know the exact areas that need to be improved. I do appreciate, it is not easy carrying your luggage up the stairs so perhaps an elevator maybe something to consider for the future also our staff are always there to lend a hand. I do hope you will come and stay with us again in the future. Orla

Blue Skies Hostel

Booked a hostel in London on short notice, therefore this was one of the few affordable things available. Pros: cheap, especially for London. Has a kitchen, which is useful if you're trying to save money, and free breakfast. The pub downstairs is quite nice. Cons: far away for the centre (zone 3), no atmosphere - most of the "guests" are workers who live there, bedrooms smells funny, showers and toilets don't work very well. Staff weren't very helpful and lost the key deposit we gave.

• 26th Feb 2014

The River Hostel

Valencia, Spain

Great facilities, poor atmosphere and management. I think the hostel must cater to large groups, because during our stay there were 3 school groups, and some sort of convention of Magic Card players who took up all the tables in the common area all day. Therefore as a solo/small group traveller it was hard to meet other people. This hostel is new and so the facilities were very good, however they were quite dirty some days, and dishes piled all over the counters in the kitchen. Staff unhelpful.

• 15th Feb 2014

Pension Los Angeles

Salamanca, Spain

Right in the plaza Mayor, you can't beat the location. Cute, comfy rooms, although on the smaller side. The first night our balcony faced out of the square, so we just saw the street, but the staff kindly moved us to a room with an amazing view of the plaza for our second night. If you have allergies or asthma I'd be cautious as they use a very strongly sented freshener/cleaning agent. Otherwise great price, would reccomend.

• 30th Jan 2014

Sweet Home Salamanca

Salamanca, Spain

Kitchen and common areas were very nice, bedroom disappointing. We got a small dingy bedroom on the bottom floor, it didn't look at all like the pictures. The shower in the bathroom sprayed straight down against the wall and it was impossible to shower without getting the floor wet. The girls in the next room smoked in the hallway and stomped around the bathroom in their shoes which made it one big dirty puddle. The upstairs kitchen area was lovely however, as were the common areas.

• 24th Jan 2014