Reviews: matt6753

UNITY Hostel Skopje

Skopje, Macedonia

Buffalo Backpackers

Pristina, Kosovo

I had a great stay here. Thanks guys.

Hedonist Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

Loved it here. It's in a perfect location, close to a lot of the cafes, bars and restaurants around the centre of town. The staff is exceptional, and went out of their way to help you out. I only wish there was a little more room in the dorm: the place was full, and there wasn't a lot of space. Otherwise, I'll stay there again when I go back!

Hostel Franz Ferdinand

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Everything about this place is great. Security is excellent: you need to be buzzed in, and lockers are huge. The location can't get any better. I loved my time here and wouldn't hesitate to stay again!

Villa Divine

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Great place to stay, and I highly recommend it. It's very clean, not too crowded, and has nice and helpful staff. There are a few beaches nearby, too. Staying in the old city is too much of a pain, and this is a shirt bus ride away without being too far.

Thanks for spreading the word about Villa Divine. We're so happy that we had a guest like you. Wish you all the best!

Beach Hostel

Split, Croatia

Location is close to the beach, but far from everything else. This is a SMALL hostel, and although Ladybird is great, she expects absolute silence at 11. She's also always into everyone's business, so if you want space, look elsewhere. The hostel isn't at all Croatian, so if you're looking for an experience with insight into the town and its people, a local recommended Croparadise. Lastly, I was placed in the basement dorm, which is very crowded, smells moldy and has low light. Not cool.

????

No kitchen, no fridge.

hello, thank you for your review, i am sorry that you were unsatisfied with our facilities, however, on the hostel information page we do not advertise or claim to have kitchen or fridge facilities for guests. Had you asked we could have found some space for your perishables in the fridge at the bar as a courtesy. thank you for your feedback.

Great location. Big dorms, but there are additional washrooms in the basement for when you're waiting. Lots of stairs to climb, but exercise is good for you (except when you sprained your toe like I did). They could use more staff to deal with the high volume of check-ins/-outs. Too expensive.

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

Great location, great security, great cleanliness. Yes, it's a bit up a hill, and yes there are stairs. The wifi is a bit spotty in several areas of the building, including the kitchen/eating area. Breakfast leaves a bit to be desired (it's baguettes and jam and a dirty coffeemaker). Not at all a social atmosphere, and people pretty much keep to themselves. I asked the staff about events or a pub crawl or something, which seemed completely unusual. But they were helpful with everything else.

Cool place! Loved the location. Also, free dinner every night (in an actual restaurant) is reason enough to come here. Great opportunity to meet people. Tight security on the rooms and to the hostel. Only problem is the service in the bar/resto, which was nonexistent. Night I got there I showed up about 10:30, asked if the kitchen was open, and it was. Sat down, asked for a menu, by the time I talked to a waiter the kitchen was closed. Was pissed. And then I missed the pub crawl as a result.

Thank you for nice review! We're proud that you liked our free dinner, we try to make it really special for everybody. We're sorry for that situation in restaurant and because we want to improve our standards, you can be sure it won't happen anymore here so you can join us for pub crawl. Cheers!

Hostel Oki Doki

Warsaw, Poland

The daily happy hour in the bar plus regular events (e.g. pub crawls) really bring this place together. It's a bit hard to find and yes it's up a bunch of stairs, but those weren't an issue for me as I don't think there's one area that's "the" place to stay in Warsaw. Good security. The breakfast was expensive and underwhelming: go to the small market a block away for bread and cheese. If you stay for more than 2-3 days you'll get bored.

Guzel Izmir Oteli

Izmir, Turkey

This place is nasty, stay away. Yes you get what you pay for, but I'd have a hard time coming back. It's a cheap hotel, not a hostel. The guy in the room next to me was listening to balkan turbo-pop loudly, if that's any indication of the type of place this is. The TV in my room didn't work, and the bed was dirty. I got really bad vibes at night.

Atillas Getaway

Selcuk, Turkey

I was really looking forward to staying here, and had reserved three days (which is more than enough for Selcuk and its related visits) more as a repose than anything. This place seemed to be a good place for a retreat, with its bar and pool. When I got off the train and called for a pickup, guy was caught off guard and told me he wasn't taking any guests due to ongoing repairs. He said he'd pick me up and take me somewhere else (Artemis Hotel, don't stay here, gross), but I lost my deposit

Cheers Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Actually my first hostel experience ever, so I waited a while to have some comparison before reviewing. The rooms are fine and average, but the dorm doors don't lock. The bathroom (on third floor) is nasty and moldy, hair everywhere, etc. The staff is really nice, but there seem to be some of their friends (other staff?) who are always hanging around. I stayed a week, which was too long and probably should've mixed it up somewhere else. Directions from the airport not very helpful. Great bar!