Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Hoi An, Vietnam

This is a party hostel with loads of friendly people, a great bar and an amazing atmosphere. However, if you take that away, this hostel is not the best. I was shown 3 rooms before I found one without a broken bunk bed. They were "fumigating" the dorms so despite the fact I had arrived early I had to wait for even longer to get into a room. The floor in the room I was covered in sand and hair and not cleaned once whilst I was there. Bathroom was okay, again could have been cleaner.

• 5th Jun 2014

The Town House 50

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Really nice hostel. Comfortable bed, own reading light and plug, lockers were a little small though! The wifi needs to be sorted out in this hostel, it was so temperamental! Breakfast was excellent and the staff were lovely and friendly. Definitely the best place in HCMC to stay!

• 28th May 2014

Me Mates Villa

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Nice hostel with very friendly staff. They arrange my visa for Vietnam without any problems at all. My only complaint was the air con in the room was not good at all. All beds except my own had a fan above them so I didn't sleep much whilst I was here. The bunk beds are very close together too. Have the blueberry pancakes for breakfast, they are delicious!

• 24th May 2014

The Mad Monkey Siem Reap

Siem Reap, Cambodia

I enjoyed my stay at the mad monkey. The beds are huge and super comfy. The air con in the room was really powerful which was good as it was so hot! The bathroom could have been a lot cleaner, especially as there were 6 people using it. As you can't put toilet paper down the toilet, the bin really should have been emptied twice a day. The pool also needed cleaning more frequently. The reception staff were good, although they could have smiled once in a while!

• 19th May 2014

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Really nice, clean hostel with very good facilities. They've got the little touches which make life so much easier as a backpacker (reading light, plug by your bed etc). Staff were very friendly. It's outside of KL Sentral so a map of the city and the subway would have made life a little easier. Very good coffee shop next door and lots of eating options for all budgets around. Not far from night markets,p or the main square. Not a party hostel at all so if you're looking to party, go elsewhere.

• 16th May 2014

Facilities are basic. Shower room did not have a light in it so couldn't shower in the dark, nor did it have a lock. Staff were very friendly. Most people stay here before going off to Islands so as a base for soaring like that, it's pretty much perfect.

• 7th May 2014

The Dwellington

Wellington, New Zealand

Great hostel. Good, solid bunk beds, plenty of plugs and a very well equipped kitchen. They do charge a fee for using cards though. Decent wifi, free breakfast which is only toast and cereal but for free it's fine!

• 30th Apr 2014

La Casa Roja

Santiago, Chile

a fun social hostel with a great outside bar for meeting people and lots of comfortable squishy sofas to browse the web or chat to people on. The staff were helpful and organised me a transfer to the airport and were always on hand to answer questions to the best of their ability. There are a few issues with noise... I was unsure why when there were plenty of rooms upstairs they filled the rooms downstairs when you can hear people. Bathrooms needed cleaning more regularly. Location is okay.

• 15th Apr 2014

we are restyling upstairs so we can have better facilities for winter time. As different hostel owners our style is to get people to meet different cultures to make out of your time with us a memorable experience

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had a really good stay at this hostel despite it being rainy in Rio! Only comment I have is they seem to offer a transfer service, when I came to the desk just before 9am t(as had been arranged with them) there was only a maid who spoke limited English. She went away, came back and basically told me to get a cab... Whilst this turned out cheaper there didn't seem to be much organisation.

• 12th Apr 2014