Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Awesome location, breakfast included, towels provided-what more could you ask for?!

Saigon Backpackers Hostel

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The bathrooms weren't very clean, but all in all it was a fine place to stay. Pretty good location with a market just down the end of the street! The free breakfast is nice too ;)

Funtastic Danang Hostel

Da Nang, Vietnam

This place was great! The staff were incredibly helpful and flexible-they gave great recommendations, were welcoming, and were willing to work with our early morning flight time to make sure we still got breakfast before we go. Very clean, and lots of character! Loved it!

Central Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

The hostel is a little farther from the main area than I was expecting, but still a pretty short walk. The bathrooms were pretty awful though-they were dirty all the time, the toilet paper felt like crepe paper, and there was only one sink/mirror for everyone staying downstairs. The staff also didn't seem very organized-we checked in really late and they said they had no record of our reservation. We argued and wound up sleeping in the hall :/

Pans Place Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos

The place is pretty basic (it IS only $3/night) but the owner is FANTASTIC! He was able to make recommendations, give directions, explain a little about the area, and help us figure out our itinerary. It was nice to talk to someone who could easily understand my questions and concerns and tell me things straight up. I would go back to Pans Place if only because he was so helpful and informative!

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

The place is in a great location, and breakfast is pretty good, but the staff are horrible! They know absolutely nothing about the area and could make no recommendations of things to do or foods to eat. The map they distribute is also poorly labeled, and we lost an entire morning wandering around trying to find the market. There's very little space in the bathrooms-your knees are practically up against the door when you sit on the toilet!

House of Journey

Penang, Malaysia

I had a pleasant stay in this hostel, it was not my favorite by far. The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, but the facilities weren't great. The area outside of the background is filled in with gravel, and because you have to take off your shoes before going into the rooms I stumbled quite a few times and really hurt my feet on the rocks. There was also no soap, which was a MAJOR downside. The lighting was really dim, and I had to always use a flashlight to see. And you pay for sheets :(

Thanks for your review. we will think about your value comments about our facilities. We're thinking to add on the soap for those washing purpose. Maybe the design i can't really fulfill your request because is my guesthouse style about the rocks stuff. There was a first complaint about my design. The lighting, we're still looking the best solution. Thanks for your review Lesa ! Hope to see you in future !

Kang Travellers Lodge

Tanah Rata, Malaysia

Great location, close to the main road and lots of yummy restaurants. They have a great outdoor patio to hang out on. The drinks at the bar were a little pricey, and they didn't refill the toilet paper dispenser often enough. Overall, a great place to stay though!

• 1st May 2014

Raizzy's Guesthouse

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

FABULOUS location! Super close to the bus station and Chinatown, and convenient for getting to the LRT. The man behind the desk wasn't incredibly helpful though, and actually told my friends and I that he didn't think our bus tickets (purchased online) were valid...which led to a mini-panic attack (and for no reason!). Overall a pretty decent place though

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Awesome location! Very much a backpacker-y feel. Lots of people hanging out in the common areas until the wee hours of the morning. Great for socializing!

EXCELLENT location! Very conveniently located to Jonker St and other nearby attractions. Very calm and peaceful. Delicious cakes, but you have to get the timing right in order to get a piece. There wasn't much fruit provided, so don't expect to make a meal out of it. The only downside was the ants in the kitchen. They seemed to be everywhere! They were all over the counters, and you really had to be careful not to accidentally drink one :P Otherwise a really great hostel!

• 27th Feb 2014

The Mitraa

Singapore, Singapore

This hostel has a great location! Very conveniently located in Little India near a metro stop, yet far enough out of the way that noise isn't an issue. The bathrooms weren't awesome-one of the doors was busted and the hot water feature didn't work on another. I also wish they had more keys to give our group so we didn't have to coordinate who was coming and going at what time. But all in all, a great place!