Chicago Getaway Hostel, Chicago, USA
19th Jun 2015

My friend and I had a real problem with the Saturday pub crawl. It seemed as if the employee only led it to drink himself, and not to show us anything about the city. The hostel had no arrangements with any of the bars so shots could cost $6. The bars were small and already half-full when we arrived. The group asked the guide to switch bars, and we waited outside for 5 minutes so he could finish his drink. At the third pub, the people glared at our large group and asked what we were doing .

I'm so sorry that you didn't have a good time on the pub crawl, it is usually one of most popular events! Thank you for your input and we look forward to accommodating you in the future!

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Zorbas Hotel, Athens, Greece
7.4
26th May 2014

I had a lot of mixed feelings about this hostel. Akis (sp?, love ya dude) was super awesome. The nighttime bald worker was not okay. He said inappropriate things to a friend, and was really rude to me after she said no. There is a bar area, free shots on your first night atleast, but they deter people from being there past 11. All the rooms and bathrooms were great, especially for the price.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Youth Hostel Meetingpoint, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.0
20th May 2014

I probably would have preferred being more outside the central district, cause even the cheap food wasnt cheap around there. Nothing to brag about in terms of staff, dorms or facilities. You have to charge your stuff downstairs, so people in the common area only use it for electronics. No socializing.

Naples Pizza Hostel, Naples, Italy
3rd May 2014

So my friend and I ran into some issues when she got robbed (outside the hostel), and the staff was super cool. They gave us an extra night for a discount and gave us some tips on making sure her information was protected cause she had lost her phone. The bathrooms aren't anything to brag about, but someone makes you an authentic breakfast which was pretty great.

Hostel Beauty, Rome, Italy
1st May 2014

I like that you needed to let the desk know when you walked in and out of the room. However, I wouldn't know if one of the six people in the room would leave the door unlocked at night or accidentally during the day. The staff as was helpful. The location was RIGHT next to the train station, but a bit of a hike from everything else. The neighborhood did seem a little sketchy (wouldn't have walked around it alone).

360 Hostel Centro, Madrid, Spain
27th Apr 2014

Best vibe I have ever felt in a hostel. I walked in exhausted, and they offered me a beer. And another when I was sitting around with the workers. Free dinner the next night. Super easy to meet other people. Shower was a little weird, because the head did not stay on the wall so it fell once or twice. Otherwise, AWESOME!

Isaacs Hostel, Dublin, Ireland
6.9
21st Apr 2014

The kitchen felt small and unwashed. The downstairs lounge was really nice, but I only headed down there because the wifi didn't work in the rooms. Breakfast was good, and they do the dishes! At one point, my friend and I went to the neighboring hostel for the nightly movie and popcorn. The guy at Jacob's snapped and said it would be a few minutes. An hour later, we headed back to Isaacs because they never began the movie. We weren't the only ones waiting.

Thanks for your review. I don't like to hear that a staff member in Jacobs snapped at you and I will be looking into this. We will also look into the issue about the movie. However I do assure you that we clean the kitchen every single day. However if guest leave a mess at night, it won't be sorted out until our staff come in the next morning so we ask our guests to tidy up after themselves and most of them actually do.

Global Village, Belfast, Northern Ireland
18th Apr 2014

The atmosphere and kitchen were awesome. It's about a 10 minutes walk to City Hall and City Centre, but you are close to the free Ulster Museum and Botanical Gardens. Staff hung out with us and took us to some pubs. Our 6 person female room was super roomy with three dressers and mirrors. Made some friends!

London Backpackers, London, England
8.0
12th Apr 2014

Smart Sea View Brighton, Brighton, England
4.9
15th Mar 2014

It was a cheap stay in a 20 person mixed room, but we ended up having a horrendous stag party (not the hostels fault). But they came back at four am with girls and kept us up for hours. The staff could have intervened at some point, they must have been aware of the situation. This hostel is for sleeping and breakfast. It's a hike away from the downtown area, and the facilities weren't anything to brag about.

Hyde Park Hostel, London, England
5.7
31st Jan 2014

This was my first time staying at a hostel. Despite some lower reviews, I choose it because of its location and price. When we arrived, I tried not to laugh because it reminded me of a World War II concentration camp. Throughout the night, the ladies would come in and out, continuously turning the lights on and off. Our sheets were not cleaned well, and there wasn't a duvet for the comforter so i tried not to touch it. The floor was dirty and the women's bathroom was nailed shut.