New Swedish Hostel

Jerusalem, Israel

Worst hostel I've ever stayed at. One of the staff members is incredibly creepy and has a history of molesting guests, especially asians. No privacy, staff members pop in dorms randomly especially when girls are present. Did not feel safe at all. Lockers not free. The dorm rooms are dusty, hot and cluttered. Showers and bathroom are too small for literally anybody. Rules and signs everywhere and for everything. Bottom line: not professional, creepy, criminal, and uncomfortable. Not recommended.

The Green Backpackers

Mitzpe Ramon, Israel

This tiny hostel in the middle of the desert must be legendary. I feel quite lucky to have, by chance, stumbled into the best hostel in Israel if not the world! Clean, everything is spotless clean. When you walk in, it feels like home, the reception and lounge area is set up like a living room. I can only think of a handful of hostels that were able to replicate their atmosphere. The staff were helpful with hiking and advice on activities. Outside you can walk 100 meters and see the crater. Wow.

Hostel Overstay TLV

Tel Aviv, Israel

This is a good hostel in every sense. Standard hostel facilities and it wasn't particularly dirty. Great atmosphere on the rooftop. The area wasn't far from the historical Jaffa but it wasn't too close. It was a good amount of walking away. Not too many food places around and wasn't able to locate a supermarket within the five minute radius. The staff were generally very helpful. The hostel was very nice and cool with the air conditioner and they also provided free filtered water.

Thanks man, well this is jaffa , here you can still buy groceries from people , not supermarkets.

Bayrams Treehouse

Olympos, Turkey

Amazing place. I would consider this to be the top choice of Olympos 100%. The atmosphere is great since everyone on this small street is coming here to socialize. The staff is friendly, flexible and helpful and will produce a great atmosphere. The lounging area is wonderful with cushions and electrical outlets. Close to the beach! Excellent delicious breakfast and dinner. Unfortunately because of all the people the public facilities got a bit dirty as the day goes on.

Olympos Orange Bungalows

Olympos, Turkey

Of the pensions and hostels in Olympos, this is probably the nicest and cleanest! They weren't fully booked during my one night there and the bathrooms and grounds were all spotless clean. The friendly man at reception "Apo" set up a bus to go to Chimera for me and was very helpful with advice and directions. Very close to the beach and market. The FOOD, breakfast and dinner were amazing. Out of this world, hands down, some of the best food I've had in Turkey.

Ideal Hostel Pension

Fethiye, Turkey

Stayed for one plus an extended of 4 nights. The location was good as it was close to the wharf where most of the tours leave from. It's at the end of Fethiye and there aren't too many places to eat nearby. Since it was the down season the atmosphere wasn't great. Breakfast was standard Turkish and was generally good. The staff were wonderful and the rooms were really spotless clean. They will book tours and give you general advice about Fethiye, very helpful. I would definitely 100% recommend.

Sezgin's Guesthouse

Kusadasi, Turkey

The hostel was kept at high standards in all aspects! Since the season doesn't start until late May, I was one of very few guests, so the atmosphere wasn't great. The pool is kept clean and tea and breakfast are included with the rooms. There is also free wifi that is best in the reception and shoddy elsewhere. The staff were very attentive and answered all my hundreds of questions and needs. They will also book tours and transportation for you at a good price. I would definitely recommend.

Istanbul Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

All around a great hostel. The area is very touristy compared to the other side of the golden horn and it's reflected in the staff and the atmosphere of the hostel. Very business in and out oriented and very busy. Good wifi, good breakfast. It got noisy at night because of all the night owls coming in and out. There are rooms next to reception where people are sometimes louder. Bathrooms were generally clean but there were many people to just a few bathrooms. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Chillout Cengo

Istanbul, Turkey

The atmosphere and staff at this hostel was top notch. Friendly and fun but professional. The location was great, right on the busiest street in the world! Rooms had a lot of people and towards the end of my stay had generated a funky smell. I would recommend this hostel over any other in Istanbul. Had great time here.

Smart Russell Square

The rooms were cramped standard Smart hostels. The beds were curtain style bunk beds. Wifi was fairly weak and didn't work in the room. There were many children running around at night and it was quite loud. The kitchen was a mess and the bathroom became quite filthy later on. Quiet neighborhood and right next to underground. Also easy walk to catch the n9 bus to heathrow. 10 pound deposit per person in cash required.

Hi there, thank you for you review. We would have hoped you could have raised these cleanliness issues with either our receptionist or even the manager. Wi-Fi is for free in our common areas but for the connection in the room we charge £1 per 24 hours. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused by the group staying with us, we did our best for them to respect our quiet hours. We try to offer affordable accommodation for budget-minded travellers. We hopeto see you soon.

YHA York

York, England

Great hostel. It was a really far walk from the train station however. We eventually got used to the walk but for a city with limited public transportation it became very tiring. Great staff and facilities up to YHA standards. As with all YHA hostels, no free wifi for non members.

Hoax Hostel

Liverpool, England

Fairly good hostel overall. Nice and clean/nice staff. The only problem I had was the automatic lights in the bathroom only last a couple seconds so may have to finish in the dark.

Hi Thankyou for the review We try our best to keep the hostel as clean as possible and all our staff are here and ready to help. With the automatic lights, we hope this didn't cause too much inconvenience! Team HOAX

YHA Bristol

Bristol, England

Great and clean hostel. Has everything a hostel can have and the breakfast is great. Friendly and helpful staff. As for all YHA hostels, no free wifi unless you are a member.

Astor Hyde Park

Really top notch hostel all around. Has every amenity a hostel can possibly offer and the staff were friendly and professional. The rooms were clean and well kept every day. The location is the best as well. All of this is reflected in the price. An elevator would have been nice however.

Smart Hyde Park Inn

Fine hostel. Smart hostels have generic curtain bunk beds. In this one they seemed newer and generally cleaner. The staff was also accommodating considering I was very unprepared at check in. 10 pound deposit in cash required fyi.

Pella-Inn

Athens, Greece

The hostel was great for the value and location. But there was so much dust everywhere I was having trouble sleeping. The common room was also pretty dingy and needs a good cleaning and replacing of dusty furniture. The staff at reception was generally helpful and free shot of raki when you check in!

Aloha Hostel

Paris, France

The room and bathroom was clean. Common area had computers and sockets. My only issue was with reception. They were very cold and didn't explain anything. It was just very confusing and their attitude didn't make check in any easier. Then the key card didn't work and of course I received attitude for that as well. Breakfast was bread and cereal, wasn't terrible.

Peace & Love Hostel

Paris, France

Couldn't sleep the night I was here. Check in is at the bar downstairs and was hectic when I came in after 9PM. The rooms were incredibly packed and stuffy. The bathroom was a mess and so was check in (the bar). It's right next to two metro lines however, making it convenient for travel.

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

One of the most wonderful and friendly hostels I've been to in Italy. The staff made the atmosphere incredibly warm and were always more than willing to help in literally every single way. The rooms were clean and everything was routinely tended to. There was generally a bathroom jam in the mornings because there are so few to the amount of beds in the hostel. I would always stay here for a visit to Naples.

Overall the hostel was great. There were some issues with the wifi while I was there. It's quite far, being on the edge of the center. But it's very close to Termini station so that's a big plus.

PLUS Florence

Florence, Italy

Second time staying at this hostel. It was a bit more dead than when I visited five years ago. But they have great facilities and the rooms are clean and locked by key card. It's a small far-ish walk to the center. I will always use this hostel for every visit to Florence.

Residenza Santa Croce

Venice, Italy

Delayed Review: Stayed here during Carnivale. The prices were incredibly elevated and generally it wasn't worth the price. The main office is quite far so staff weren't really within a convenient area of communication. Generally quite clean but the rooms were gloomy with no social area.