El Misti House

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I stayed at the Copacabana Misti and this one was nicer in some ways like air conditioning but the atmosphere was very boring. The only good hang out area is the living room and it gets crowded and stuffy in there. They have a bar but they can only make Caipirinhas so it is not very fun to hang out there. You can buy cheap beer but that is about it. The location was nice though, not too far from the beach and super close to the subway.

Backpackers Sunset

Florianopolis, Brazil

This is probably the most beautiful hostel that I have ever stayed at. The view is great but it comes with the price that it is far from downtown so you have to take a bus to do any shopping but there is a really nice beach within walking distance. The food at their restaurant was not too expensive and was pretty tasty. The only other complaint that I have is that we paid more for a 4 bed room but it had no view and was kind of hidden away. If I would have known I would have gone for a dorm room

Hostel Bambu Mini

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

The hostel was ok but Alva, one of the receptionists was one of the nicest, most helpful people we have met on our trip. She deserves a raise!

• 25th Feb 2014

Che Lagarto Hostel Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires, Argentina

Location is alright, staff is friendly but it was not very well run. There are no lockers in the rooms so we had to go one more floor to use them and they were not even that good since a backpack doesnt fit. They also only had like two showers for all of the dorms plus they ran out of water many times during our visit. One of the nights our dorm and the dorm beside us flooded and the staff didnĀ“t even know why. The wifi was also only available in the loby for a hostel that is 4 stories high.

• 19th Feb 2014

Ecopackers Machupicchu

Machu Picchu, Peru

This hostel was pretty cool. The staff was very friendly and helpful with information and it was very clean. The bar was really cool but I think it was too expensive so there were not a lot of people there. Something that was nice though is that we got a discount at the Eco Packers in Cusco for staying in Aguas Calientes.

• 3rd Feb 2014