Location: Wales, Age: 28

BA Soho Rooms

Buenos Aires, Argentina

What a find - this place is definitely not somewhere were you will meet other travellers as it seems to be for couples. However, it's a beautiful flat with a few rooms. Our bed was made daily and it's in a great location. Breakfast was pretty basic but that's the only bad thing I have to say!

Timbo Posada

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

I had a double room and it was so grotty I thought I'd catch something. I'd been travelling for 3 months and this was four days before the end of my trip and it was the first time I slept in a sleeping bag liner. It was like the set of the British TV show 'Bottom' from the '90s. Room was a good size though. Brilliant breakfast and nice staff. Computer's internet connection as rubbish.

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

More of a couply place - you won't meet people here if you're a solo traveller. Good breakfast and amazing kitchen for cooking. Pool table isn't the best but it's nice to have one anyway! Nice, big and clean and close to the bus station and supermarket.

CabanaCopa Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Really good staff, and great atmosphere. Nice big TV on the top floor and fun bar.

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review. We are glad to hear you like our staff and atmosphere. We hope to see you again! Best regards, CabanaCopa staff

Happy Rio Copacabana

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Massive TV in the room and staff speak good english. Great location. Room wasn't cleaned in 5 days and upstairs platform is a bit untidy and not a social place - more for couples. TV was MASSIVE though and a good breakfast!

Che Lagarto Hostel Copacabana

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Amazing breakfast, clean place, nice staff. Tiny 4-person room I stayed in and small lockers under the bed.

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

Amazing view from the rooftop bar, lovely staff, good dinner and breakfast. The wifi isn't great but everything else is.

Pirwa Hostel La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

All good here: Girls dorm has straighteners in and loads of mirrors and big lockers; cool bar area, three computers and 5 mins walk from the bus station. 10 mins walk down the main road to the centre of town.

Hostal Eucalyptus

Potosi, Bolivia

Amazing breakfast! Had a twin room with a friend which was a great size as was the bathroom, but the sink leaked all over the floor. There was the sound of running water all night which was a bit annoying but the wifi was good.

Aji Verde Hostel San Pedro de Atacama

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

New hostel which looks a bit like the Flintstones house (in a good way). Only stayed for one night but it was nice and colourful and there seemed to be a good atmosphere. Not a quiet place though because the campers outside stay up late chatting, singing and playing the guitar (on the night I was there anyway). Stayed in a 10 people dorm and the toilet was a bit of a walk away through the reception. Quite a walk from the centre of town on the outskirts. There are hostels closer to town.

Hostal Talar

San Pedro de Atacama, Chile

Owner has good English, colourful yard and crazy cat to laugh at. Room was spacious and I think there was hot water! They give you a key as well so you can come and go as you please. Lockers are small and outside of the room which is a bit annoying. Kitchen is big and they give you free drinking water. Would recommend.

Hostel in Salta

Salta, Argentina

I left Salta as soon as I could because there wasn't much to do. Plus points of the hostel were they had avocados growing in the nice garden, big bar space and a hidden seating area in a mezzanine above it. Dodgy wifi, but they do have 3 computers. Kitchen had ok facilities. My room had a tiny bathroom - I think the loo was in the actual shower from what I remember! Most staff didn't speak English but all v nice. Request the bbq otherwise they won't do it unless they have the numbers.

Hostel Lao

Mendoza, Argentina

Really helpful staff, particularly the lady, who gave me ideas on the best wineries to go to. They have two really sweet dogs who I was very sad to say goodbye to. Hammocks outside although you wouldn't go in the pool as it looks a bit dirty. TV is a bit temperamental. The red book of things to do includes an evening horseback riding - I did this and it was one of the most fun evenings I had in a three-month tour of South America.

On The Road Hostel

Buenos Aires, Argentina

This was my first hostel on a 3 month tour of South America and I can highly recommend it. The atmosphere is great and everyone was really friendly. Good location near the Palermo station and great restaurants near by (La Cabrera, Las Cabras). Amazing rooftop bar too.