Location was good. Unfortunately that was the only good thing about this place. Staff was slow and inefficient. The check-in time was 2pm on their webpage but I waited for more than 2 hours and finally checked in at 4:30pm. The ceiling of the shower was covered by mold. Two girls of my dorm room requested to change room. And for my last morning, I woke up and found a guy slept in our room that night even though it was a female dorm. Some girl clearly brought this guy back. Felt upset and unsafe.

Woodah Hostel

Copenhagen, Denmark

Instead a bed, I think we should really call it a "hole." I needed to use a stool to reach my bed because it was so high and there was no ladder. And one morning, I woke up found that the stool I used to get in was taken away. I spend quite a while to get down. The staff was nice and helpful. Security was only okay because the staff left by 10pm and there were people who weren't travelers hanging out at the common area.

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I absolutely love this hostel! This is actually my second time staying here. Even though it's located in the center of red light district, this place is very safe. The staff are always very helpful. I bothered them a few times for hot water, recommendations for tourist spots and for the last day, a takeaway breakfast. They fulfilled all my requests. I would definitely go there again!

Hostel Uppelink

Gent, Belgium

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in! The building itself was gorgeous, so was Ghent. It was relaxing just sitting in the lounge and looking out the windows. Would have been better if there were more plugs in the rooms. All the rest were just great.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel

Bruges, Belgium

2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

A bit far from city center. The shower was difficult to operate since it stops automatically every 10 seconds. Not enough toilets. And the hostel looked like it was under some renovation. While we stayed there, it was rather unpleasant since there were a few girls arguing outside our dorm room at 5 am. We were all waken up by that since the door was barely soundproof. Honestly, I would not want to stay there again.

King Kong Hostel Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Overall, I loved this hostel. Just one small thing, I booked room 308 because I wanted to have some privacy for two people. However, this "room" was just an attic inside of another room and separated by a curtain. This should be clarified in the website. However, I loved the attic (or loft?), so there was no problem for me at all.

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

We were very lucky to be there on Good Friday just before Easter. Since this is a Christian Hostel, we were offered free dinner. It was quite good. Staffs were very nice and friendly. Stamps and postcards were both available at the hostel, which was very convenient for us. I stayed in the female dorm for four. Nothing to complain. PS. There is no kitchen, just a microwave. However, they have a small café providing relatively cheap meals, so that was not a problem at all.

Aivengo Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

The location is great. However, the hostel is a bit old. There is no lounge area. I stayed in the female dorm and the shower was a bit crowded in the morning since there were more than 8 of us but just one shower. My bed was not close to any plugs. The staff was very kind and friendly.

Vertigo Vieux-Port

Marseille, France

The location was nice, quite close to the main street. However, we would advise you to travel light since the hostel is kind of on the hill and it would be difficult to drag a bit luggage on the tiny sidewalks. Breakfast was included in the price, which was a real good value for money. I stayed in the four people dorm. Our beds were in the upper floor in the room and the stairs was a bit steep. I actually tripped a couple time. Overall, I would recommend this hostel to a traveler.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Taiwan

Hello, You are right, marseille can be quite exhausting as it is made of a lot of hills! I'm glad you enjoyed your stayed all the same! Thank you for your comment and hopefully we'll see you again here! Vertigo Team

Pop' Hostel

Avignon, France

The kitchen was a bit too simple. We would suggest to have a kettle at each floor. We stayed on the 4th floor and it was a bit inconvenient for us to have to go down to the first floor for some hot water.