6.0
17th Apr 2014

The only thing I really appreciated about this hostel is the location and kitchen. The rooms are quite disgusting with there old dirty carpet and cockroaches in my bed and locker, basically all over the room. The locker of the back door, to the courtyard was broken so it didn't fell like a very safe place either. The bathroom needs a new shower curtain, cause it's full of mold. Curtains in the room would be a great idea as well, cause lights are on all night and there isn't much of privacy.

Alma de Santa Guest House, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
1st Mar 2014

I had a good time in alma de Santa Guesthouse. It was just very difficult to find, there are no signs at the door, not even the neighbours know about the place. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Probably the nicest dormitory I stayed on my 2 month trip. A spacious bedroom with just single beds inside. The house was very clean! The breakfast was not the best but very flexible with times they offered me food even at noon time.

Hello, we are happy you enjoyed. The best part "the nicest dormitory I stayed on my 2 month trip", we loved that and we work hard to improve more.

Fusion Guesthouse, Salvador, Brazil
7.4
27th Feb 2014

I spent 2 nights in the fusion guesthouse during carnaval. The living room is fantastic and I felt like in a artist loft. The dormitorys upstairs were a bit disappointing, everything very basic and not very clean. Privacy doesn't exist, there are no doors they just have curtains. The shower and toilets are far away in the backyard of the house. It's a different kind of hostel and I felt like living in an occupied house. An interesting experience! The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Hostel & Pousada Casa Coco Verde, Jericoacoara, Brazil
20th Feb 2014

I had a wonderful time at Angela's place in Jericoacoara. She organised kitesurfing lessons for us with a Privat Israeli teacher (according to him the best in town). I extended my stay three times and enjoyed the privacy and silence in the spacious apartments. A place to feel home easily and meet open minded backpackers from all over. For sure one of the best breakfasts I had on my 2 month trip in Brazil. Thanks a lot!