Smile Society

Bangkok, Thailand

Only one person working here speaks English. When she is around she was helpful, but she was hardly around. I checked in with her over the phone, and checked out the same way. Basically impossible to ask about the area, or buses, or anything helpful from any of the other staff. Laundry was expensive but was done quickly. Dorm beds squeeky but comfortable. Because of the lack of helpful staff I would not stay here again.

Dozy House

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I stayed 3 nights in the dorm. Had an on suit bathroom that was clean, with an excellent shower. WiFi worked well throughout. Toast anytime in the common area. Could make your own eggs for 6 bhat an egg. Also had coffeee and tea and a common fridge. Booked a couple of activities through them, but there was no pressure. Staff was friendly and helpful. Area is within the gates of the old town, and it was on a quiet road. Would certainly stay here again.

Bunchun

Chiang Mai, Thailand

I stayed in the dorm on the top floor for 2 nights. WiFi didn't work past the second floor so it wasn't possible to use internet in the dorm room. I was in an Air Conditioned room, but management controlled the AC, and it was only on between 10:30 PM and 8:30 AM which was not long enough. If I'm paying for AC I want AC. There were only 3 bathroom/ showers in the facility, and the one on the main floor smelled like a sewer. Not a nice part of town. Stay in the old town if visiting CM.

Non La Mer Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Travellers Inn

Singapore, Singapore

Had to ask for toilet paper twice in 2 days because they didn't refill it. Also the bathrooms were pretty dirty, and I'm sure they were not cleaned daily, beyond a quick wipe down. The staff helped me plan my trip around singapore, sitting down with me and going over the map. Breakfast is white bread, peanut butter, butter, jam, tea, coffee.

Dear J, regrettably there were some guests during your stay period loved the toilet papers we provide. :) They kept taking despite our staff kept filling up. For the record, the toilet and shower rooms are cleaned daily, at least twice a day., hence, unfortunately, you had to meet inconsiderate users during your stay period. :)