West Lake Youth House

Hangzhou, China

• 16th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

Gave facilities an "average" because they were repairing three showers and another had no door, which left two for the entire hostel to use.

• 13th Apr 2014
  • Portugal

It's not the most visually striking hostel you'll stay at, but it's good value for money and the closest to the Grottoes. The staff are very nice (I noticed they had problems communicating in English with other guests though), one girl in particular who was very accomodating to my vegan diet and when I once asked her to cut a mantou (Chinese bread) in half so I could put the vegetables inside, she started doing that every day for breakfast. Very very nice people. They show movies there also.

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

It's more of a hotel and not really a hostel. GREAT value for money. Nice decor, very clean, 2 minutes away from the metro and bus stops (just a little way off downtown so you always need to take transportation). Highly recommendable.

• 17th Feb 2014
  • Portugal

Thank you for your detail description of our hostel. What we really want to do is to make you have a nice stay in our hostel. Your recommendation will drive us to a great promotion. Wish you a nice trip. See you next time.

Pingyao is the type of place where you won't be spending a long time either, so this is definitely for a short stay. The staff is a little rough around the edges but we paid 50 yuan a night for a private double room with a kang (traditional type of Chinese bed that takes up half the room that you can also use for seating), so it's great value. They have a Chinese buffet breakfast but I don't know if it was free. It's a small city and the hostel is smack-dab in the main avenue.

• 15th Feb 2014