Elbrus Home

Kathmandu, Nepal

Elbrus home is a comfortable place to stay, just a short walk away from the hustle and bustle of Thamel. The beds are soo comfy after trekking that we went straight back when we arrived in Kathmandu a second time. Khem is really helpful too and can arrange booking of tours and buses etc if needed. Breakfasts are excellent, internet is pretty iffy sadly though.

Sapa Cozy Hotel

Sapa, Vietnam

We enjoyed our stay at Sapa Cozy Hotel, especially the super comfy beds and tea delivered to the room. We like pretty much everyone else were upgraded to a private room on arrival. It's a little away from the tourist centre, which I personally preferred and as its such a small town really doesn't make any difference.

Waterland Hotel

Hue, Vietnam

The waterland hotel was excellent accommodation for what we paid. We asked for a twin room and got two big double beds. The staff let it down unfortunately though, we were either being aggressively sold tours or unable to communicate due to a lack of english. I wouldn't let it stop me booking here again though

Lavender Lodge Kota Kinabalu

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

The Lavender Lodge met expectations, nothing amazing but no disappointments. Decent internet and helpful staff.

Maya Guesthouse & Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

We loved this hostel, it was such good value for money, much smarter than what we're used to in more expensive places, very comfortable with good facilities (great internet, water cooler in room, A/C, TV) and friendly helpful staff. Would happily book again.

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

Travellers Oasis is a friendly little place, with excellent social area - a pool, barbecue, plenty of seating (although the lounge area is pretty small), two kitchens. They take plenty of time to advise and help organise other stuff too, such as tours and campervan hire. I'd definitely stay again.

Kona Tau

Easter Island, Chile

Kona Tau has all the basic facilities but is nothing special, it was much more expensive than a nicer hostel that we moved to after the first night (Hostel Petero Atamu). Pro: it's close to the main road. Con: the internet is pretty rubbish (but this is true of everywhere on easter island) and the breakfast was pretty uninspiring.

Hostel Chili Iguassu

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

A basic but good hostel, with very friendly and helpful staff. It's close to the bus station which makes it easy to get too and from the falls on both sides

511 Lima Hostel

Lima, Peru

This is pretty plush for a hostel and doesn't have much of an atmosphere. The internet is excellent though ans it is very close to Miraflores beach.

Intro Hostels Cusco

Cusco, Peru

Intro Hostel is the best hostel we've visited in South America, I simply can't gush about it enough. It had reliably hot & powerful showers (which after a trip to the jungle & a trek to Machu Picchu were particularly valuable!). The hostel is in an old, listed building which is very beautiful & is arranged around a central & very sociable courtyard. The rooms we stayed in (3 different ones as we returned a number of times) were spacious & well appointed. I could go on, but I've run out of space!

Lagares Hostel

Mendoza, Argentina

Hostel Shakana

Puerto Natales, Chile

A nice cosy little hostel with a good kitchen

Angel Hostal

Valparaiso, Chile

A lovely friendly hostel, with helpful staff and a great atmosphere. Nicely decorated & a very comfy bed. |Handy to have a safe in the room as well as some very nice wine glasses to enjoy the local wine. My only negative is that there's only one bathroom so there was a long wait for a shower in the morning.