St Christopher's Village

A lot of things were lacking. They didn't provide free ear plugs (as promised in their welcome package), the room door was creaky and closes with a loud noise not allowing people to sleep at night. Light in one toilet wasn't working in one toilet and that wasn't fixed despite a complaint. Wifi didn't work and the staff, though polite didn't provide any help to resolve it. I reached 2 hours before my check in time and had to wait for the entire two hours before checking in which was unreasonable.

We're sorry to hear the hostel may not have lived up to your expectations in certain areas. As for the ear plugs we offer them free of charge from behind reception, you just have to let the receptionist you would like a pair. We're sorry if the light in the toilet was not fixed in a timely fashion but at times we do get quite busy in reception so it might take just a bit longer. As for check-in it is stated clearly on our website that it is at 2. We do apologize for any inconvenience.

Pride of Paddington

This hostel was a great choice to stay at! I stayed at 2 hostels and this was the best! Excellent breakfast (you get variety of options), discounts on food and clean rooms. The staff were helpful and polite but not very sharp (they messed up my final billing and food bills which was a bit annoying, but sorted it later). Their linens are clean and bathrooms are good. Since it is near a street, it gets a bit noisy at night, but that is not their fault. I would strongly recommend this hostel.