Hostel Beautiful 2

Rome, Italy

This is a pretty decent place to stay, and among the cheapest you'll find in Rome. If you're on a budget and aren't too high maintenance this is a good choice.

Red Dwarf Guesthouse

Dubrovnik, Croatia

This was a really sweet place to stay at with an incredible view of the harbour. There is a supermarket and a 24h bakery near by, which is very convenient. The owners are exceptionally informative and will go out of their way to help you. If you're looking for a cheap place to stay with everything you need for a nice holiday in Dubrovnik, I would definitely recommend this place.

Earthers Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

We had an amazing time in Hvar, and the main reason was because of this hostel. Booked three nights but ended up staying five, it was that good. The staff took us out every night on the town and we had the pleasure of attending two of their barbecues (which are beyond amazing). Staff is incredible. We're definitely coming back!

Old Town Hostel Split

Split, Croatia

The staff are very helpful here! I would come again

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

Pink Panther's Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Great staff, great location, nice free breakfast. Only complaint is that it felt a little dirty in the bathrooms. Otherwise, this is a fun place to stay but I don't recommend it if you're hoping to get some sleep. The noise from the street is quite loud. That said if you're out partying it won't matter.

Brussels 2GO4 Quality Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

This hostel is pretty nice- clean, secure, good location (close to the North Train Station/Eurolines bus stop and the city centre). Only annoying thing is that they close the kitchen from 13:00-16:00 for cleaning and again at 23:00 for the night. The WiFi worked perfectly though, and I find that really important as a traveller. I'd definitely stay here again.

Ani & Haakien - Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

Hostelle - Female Only Hostel

Amsterdam, Netherlands

This hostel is perfect for a couple nights to yourself or for the ladies. Clean, comfortable and homely. The only problem is it's pretty far from the city centre... About 20 minutes by metro. However, this is only really a problem if you're hoping to go out at night (as the metro stops running at 12:30. There is a night bus but it takes about 50 minutes.) Otherwise, a decent (and comparatively cheap) choice for your stay in Amsterdam.

Flying Pig Uptown

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel One Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I had an amazing time at Hostel One Prague and I can't recommend it enough! The staff is extremely helpful and made me feel like I was at home. There are activities everyday and things going on every night. The free dinners were really sweet. The hostel itself is very clean and surrounded by tons of cheap food options. I'll definitely be back! Thanks to Lachlan, Dave and Sam for being so awesome.

Sexy Tractor Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I had an amazing time in Budapest, and this was due primarily to The Sexy Tractor. Tim, the owner, is really cool and does his best to accomodate everyone. The rest of the staff know how to have a fun time. The kitchen is well-stocked, and the dining room area is huge, making it a great place to meet other travellers. I don't know if I just got lucky, but this hostel seems to attract the coolest of the cool. I'll definitely be coming back. Thanks to all the staff for a great time.

Pension Glockenhaus

Innsbruck, Austria

Unfortunately this hostel is going to be your cheapest option in Innsbruck. That said, it was not a bad place to stay. All I needed was a place to sleep and a hot shower, and I was provided with just that. It would be nice if there were lockers, at least for important documents. The owner luckily hid mine away, but I still think lockers would have been better. If you're planning on being out all day long then this is definitely a good base. Not a bad walk from the city centre (10 minutes).

Ostello Olimpico Vicenza

Vicenza, Italy

La Margherita Apartments

Lake Garda, Italy

Artemis Hotel

Selcuk, Turkey

Artemis Hotel was the perfect base for our stay in Selcuk. Good location (30 seconds away from train station and two minutes from bus station), with excellent facilities. The lounge room is very cute and comfortable. The FREE breakfast exceeded our expectations. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, offering many good suggestions as to what we could do during our stay. I highly recommend this hostel.

Blue Skies Hostel

This is a cheap place to stay, no more. It wasn't particularly clean but the staff did take care to do a thorough cleaning once a day, which was appreciated. The kitchen is pretty small and lacking in utensils but I made do. Unfortunately two of the three toilets were completely dysfunctional... As such I ran into a lot of "number 2"s that weren't particularly pleasant to say the least. The hostel itself has no atmosphere; however, there is a cute little pub underneath. Overall, it was okay.