Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 21

Mavi Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

Best location possible, with a view of Hagia Sophia and the sea from the rooftop terrace and certain rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful, as well as hospitable and flexible. The large dorm was extremely crowded, but the smaller rooms were much better (you get what you pay for). Wifi worked well but didn't reach some areas upstairs, and the free breakfast was one of the best I've had.

Aristoteles Hotel

Athens, Greece

It's a nice hotel, with very friendly staff and good accommodations. It's not in the nicest part of town, but it's decently close to all the important stuff, so it wasn't a problem walking anywhere. We paid a little more than we would for a hostel, but it was extremely cheap for a hotel, and well worth it for such a nice private room.

Florida Hostel & Hotel

Sorrento, Italy

An excellent hostel overall, the best asset being the customer service. My friend and I got stranded and missed our checkin, had to pull an all-nighter, and didn't arrive until 8am the next day, but they still let us check in and not only that, let us stay late so we could get a few hours sleep. Other than that, it's a very nice place, pretty much hotel quality, and is well within comfortable walking distance of the city center.

Paddy's Palace Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

One of the worst hostels I've stayed at... When I say cold showers, I mean ICE. As far as security goes, they just have a camera so the person at the desk can let you in remotely, which usually took a few tries. Rooms are in a separate building with no wifi, staff was rude and liked to roam around public areas like the kitchen yelling at people (although the ladies at the front desk were kind enough). It wasn't even that cheap, I only stayed here for the bus tour, which was pretty decent.

Czech Inn

Prague, Czech Republic

Best hostel I have ever stayed in. It was honestly more like a hotel, with lots of rooms and bathrooms, keycard access, large, secure lockers, and an excellent lounge and basement bar. The whole place is very modern, kept extremely clean, and had more comfortable beds than any other place I've stayed. It's a bit outside the city center, but is right by a direct tram, so it wasn't a problem. I can't recommend this place enough, I'd go back to Prague just to stay here.

Maxim Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

It's a nice place to stay, cheap and fairly spacious. Most important is the staff, which is truly outstanding. George is friendly and helpful, and works very hard to keep the place running and please his customers. He was extremely accommodating, and provided great customer service by providing me another place to stay when I brought up a cleanliness concern, which he also began resolving right away. My stay had a couple issues, but George went above and beyond making it right.