Reviews: leighmartin2491

Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 23

The Dreamer Hostel

Santa Marta, Colombia

Really good hostel, the staff are really helpful, rooms are really clean and comfortable and the food is delicious, wasn't planning on staying as long as we did here, definitely recomend staying

• 5th Apr 2015

Mystic House Hostal

Cartagena, Colombia

I was really Ill when I arrived here and just needed a chilled place to sleep for 3 nights, the beds are really comfy, everywhere is really clean and the aircon works really well. There's not really an atmosphere which was good for me at the time but it's not somewhere id want to stay for too long if I was on top form!

• 2nd Apr 2015

Arcadia Hostel

Medellin, Colombia

Staff were lovely but the dorm we were in was prett horrible, floor was filthy and there's a slanted ceiling which you constantly hit your head on if you're on a top bunk. To be honest I was pretty excited to get out and leave

• 31st Mar 2015

Swiss Hostal Martinik

Bogota, Colombia

The Colombian staff are all very helpful and nice, facilities are pretty good but the beds are awful! Plastic pillows and matresses? So horrible! Also our room was pretty cold and next to the road so was quite loud, it's ok for a couple of nights though

• 29th Mar 2015

The Secret Garden Quito

Quito, Ecuador

Really lovely hostel with a great bar and lovely staff, the meals they put on each night are fantastic! The only problem is check out time is far too early-needs to be extended definitely!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Dreamkapture Hostal

Guayaquil, Ecuador

Lovely place to stay for the one night-bedroom was spotless and so was the bathroom and the breakfast is delicious-way better than the usual bread and jam! The only thing is there are no lockers in the room I was in but it felt so secure I didn't really mind, would also benefit from aircon as it was so hot but over all a good place to stay.

• 21st Mar 2015

Loki del Mar

Mancora, Peru

I had a lot of fun here but the room I was in was absolutely vile. The bathroom flooded every time someone took a shower and was filthy, sand all over my bed when I first got there, the lockers were all broken and it was generally just a disgusting place. It is a lot of fun you need to just spend as little time as possible in the room!

• 19th Mar 2015

The Point Lima

Lima, Peru

The staff were really helpful but the hostel itself was quite grim, was full of sleazy boys who I just couldn't be bothered with so I checked out early. Also things like plugs and locks on the lockers didn't work, the whole place just needs a touch up.

• 16th Mar 2015
  • Globetrotter

Wasn't too impressed with this hostel, arrived on our first night and were sent to another dull hostel because apparently our room had flooded. (They had overbooked)- not the best!

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Globetrotter

I only chose to stay here because I was exhausted and needed a couple of chill nights-was good for me because the place was absolutely dead but don't bother staying if you actually want to meet people etc. Staff are pretty useless, didn't even understand what check out was, and the whole place is really cold. It is in a great location though!

• 5th Mar 2015

Pirwa Hostel La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

I was so disappointed with our stay at this hostel, we arrived from a night bus at 6am having previously informed staff we would arrive early. Arrived at the hostel in the dark and it was freezing cold only to be told we couldn't come in even to sit at the lobby. Really wasn't nice as two females travelling in La Paz while a bunch of men circled us, was frankly terrified and was so shocked that I literally had to beg staff to let us in. wouldn't recomend if you're planning on arriving early!

• 3rd Mar 2015

Casona Potosi Hostal

Potosi, Bolivia

Didn't really like this hostel the breakfast is pretty grim and the whole place is absolutely freezing, probably wouldnt bother staying here again

• 1st Mar 2015

Pirwa Hostel La Paz

La Paz, Bolivia

Although I really wasn't a fan of la Paz I really liked the hostel, staff were lovely, and beds were so comfy. We loved the bar but just be careful coming up and down the stairs-especially when you've been drinking.

• 23rd Feb 2015

Hostel Arrabal

Buenos Aires, Argentina

A pretty nice hostel to stay in, is in a great location and the facilities were pretty great too.

• 21st Feb 2015

Hostel Poesia

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Really lovely place to stay, very clean, really good facilities and generally just a cool looking place to stay. Staff were really helpful too. Unfortunately there's not much of a vibe to the place and the centre of town where all the cheap student bars are are a very long walk away, and there is literally nothing around where the hostel is. Overall it was quite good though.

• 19th Feb 2015

Vidigalbergue Rio Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Lovely staff and a fun place to stay, staff were really helpful with booking our onward travel

• 16th Feb 2015

Taj Mahal Homestay

Cochin, India

• 18th May 2014

• 17th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Loved staying here, staff were lovely, the staff was so clean and cosy, our favourite place in india!

• 13th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Nice hotel and friendly staff!

• 12th May 2014

Hoi An, Vietnam

• 14th Apr 2014

Street Backpackers Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Leo and the other staff were great with sorting travel and trips out for us and sorted out problems with our bus tickets for us even when we had moved on from Hanoi. The rooms were clean and comfortable, a good place to stay!

• 7th Apr 2014

Khammany Inn Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

I noticed bed sheets were not changed between people leaving and arriving and were always dirty, our room was dank and dirty and the cleaner kept moving my things to different places when she cleaned so I kept losing things, and took aces of my things that she thought belonged to the hostel instead. The staff were generally quite nice, but it's annoying that between us we've now realised we've lost a lot of stuff due to it being moved from where we left it!

• 3rd Apr 2014

Pans Place Guesthouse

Vang Vieng, Laos

Unfortunately our room had rats in it but once we told he manager we were moved immediately to another room so everything was fine in the end!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Globetrotter

This did happen, but it was one of our bungalows in the garden at the back of the concrete buildings that have the other twenty rooms that we have. So just ask for a normal room if this is something that worries you.

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

The free breakfast was so much better than we expected- lots of choice and the beds were pretty comfy, had a good stay here!

• 29th Mar 2014

Sihanoukville, Cambodia

• 23rd Mar 2014

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Really loves that here were plugs I'm the lockers so you could keep your stuff safe while you charged it, Robert was also really helpful, the whole place was great

• 21st Mar 2014

Downtown Siem Reap Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

We enjoyed our stay here, the only annoying thing was that we booked an aircon room for the first 2 nights which didn't actually work too well, we then tried to book this room for a third night and they told us it was fully booked so moved us to a more expensive fan room, we found out the morning of being moved that our friends the next day had booked places in our old room, so I was pretty annoyed they told us otherwise. Also the whole place flooded and the water stopped working

• 17th Mar 2014

Palm Garden Lodge

Siem Reap, Cambodia

• 16th Mar 2014

Khaosan Road Rainbow Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

A little dirty and loud but pretty good for the price

• 15th Mar 2014

Havet House

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Could do with more bathrooms as there are only two to use and there were loads of people staying there

• 14th Mar 2014

Slumber Party Hostel

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

The beds are pretty claustrophobic but the staff were lovely

• 12th Mar 2014

Non La Mer Hostel

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Beautiful chilled out hostel and lovely staff, definitely recommend people to stay here

• 10th Mar 2014

Centerpoint Hostel

Koh Phi Phi, Thailand

The whole place was pretty gross-way overpriced for what you got. Also the bathroom was vile

• 8th Mar 2014

Baan Nisarine

Krabi, Thailand

Was slightly annoying that we had to wait 4 hours for our room, but other than that was a comfortable stay!

• 7th Mar 2014

At Baan Khun Hostel

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Definitely the best hostel I have stayed in so far- beautifully decorated and cleaned every day! The staff were very helpful in sorting trips out for us and kept giving us free snacks which is always nice! I definitely recommend people coming to stay here

• 28th Feb 2014