• 14th Mar 2014

Splashed out a little on a ryokan for the experience but if that's your plan, don't waste your money here. Lovely place, but if you're looking for the ryokan experience, it is not provided here.

• 14th Mar 2014

Hotel Chuo Selene

Osaka, Japan

When we arrived we were given sheets for the bed and shown our room. The room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while,a me we had to strip the old sheets off the beds before we could use them. Wet towels everywhere. The room was freezing at night with the heating on and the duvets were so old and misshapen they were probably older than me. Didn't feel that secure leaving my bag there during the day. Ok (ish) for a one night stopover but only at most and would definitely not go back.

• 13th Mar 2014

U-RIN-AN

Okayama Kurashiki, Japan

Very little privacy compared to what we were used to, but in a good way. Very friendly atmosphere and very group centred, very welcoming to guests.

• 12th Mar 2014

Would have been nice to have wifi up on the 4th floor since it was my only way of contacting home while in japan and sitting halfway down the stairs in my pjs wasn't great. Other than that, brilliant, very helpful staff.

• 10th Mar 2014