Hotel L Kamata

Tokyo, Japan

Lovely place, ideal location. Only complaint is how much trouble we had finding it from the directions - they weren't quite as clear as they should have been.

Guesthouse Caminoro

Osaka, Japan

Wonderful surprise that the owner spoke perfect English, made things a lot easier for us. He was very friendly and inviting and it was a shame we only stayed the one night. Definitely recommend this place if you're in Osaka!

Lovely place (again!) would stay there again

Thank you for staying here with us again!!! Welcome back to Hiroshima!! We are glad to hear that you like here:) Are you coming back again? We hope so!! Please take care and have a great travel. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!! You are always welcome:)

A pleasure to stay at again. Th staff are friendly and incredibly helpful, the area map provided with places to eat, how to get where etc is the most useful thing I've ever seen a hostel provide and I wish more did!

The rooms were nice but the wifi was a bit slow due to how far we were from a router. The tumble dryers weren't amazing but did the job. Overall a struggle to find anything wrong and even those points is just being picky! 10/10

Wilderness Park Lodge

Mount Fuji, Japan

If you're an outdoors sort of person, this is the place for you. There are lovely views of Mt Fuji but was not what I expected at all from the booking info.

Oak Hostel Zen

Tokyo, Japan

An elevator would have been nice but overall that would literally be my only concern. The hostel was excellent, clean and generally a lovely place to stay.

Splashed out a little on a ryokan for the experience but if that's your plan, don't waste your money here. Lovely place, but if you're looking for the ryokan experience, it is not provided here.

• 14th Mar 2014

• 14th Mar 2014

Hotel Chuo Selene

Osaka, Japan

When we arrived we were given sheets for the bed and shown our room. The room looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a while,a me we had to strip the old sheets off the beds before we could use them. Wet towels everywhere. The room was freezing at night with the heating on and the duvets were so old and misshapen they were probably older than me. Didn't feel that secure leaving my bag there during the day. Ok (ish) for a one night stopover but only at most and would definitely not go back.

• 13th Mar 2014

U-RIN-AN

Okayama Kurashiki, Japan

Very little privacy compared to what we were used to, but in a good way. Very friendly atmosphere and very group centred, very welcoming to guests.

• 12th Mar 2014

Would have been nice to have wifi up on the 4th floor since it was my only way of contacting home while in japan and sitting halfway down the stairs in my pjs wasn't great. Other than that, brilliant, very helpful staff.

• 10th Mar 2014