Bus Hostel Reykjavik

Reykjavik, Iceland

I chose this hostel because it's close to the BSI Bus Station (a main transportation hub) as well as a competitive price. It’s not that far from the downtown core, another plus. I found staff quite friendly and helpful, and the complimentary breakfast (you pay for the coffee, but free refills) which is another plus. I would stay here again if my travels ever take me back to Reykjavik. They also have a car rental agency (SAD Cars) at the hostel, with good competitive prices.

Somprasong Sukhothai Guesthouse

Sukhothai, Thailand

I enjoyed my stay at Somprasong Sukhothai Guesthouse. The price for rooms was quite competitive, and good location. The man in charge (Vassili) of booking was quite friendly and helpful. He and his wife also ran the restaurant on the property, good pizza and other foods cooked on a flame grill. I would stay here again if in Sukhothai.

Huahin Euro City Hotel

Hua Hin, Thailand

It's basic, but a good price and very good location by the railway station. The washroom could use repair, the sink was loose and shower had low flow. There were small lockers in the room, but no key so valuables can't be locked up. The upside was the air conditioning worked well.

United Backpackers

Melbourne, Australia

An all around good hostel in an excellent location in downtown Melbourne, close to restaurants, Flinders Station and many other amenities. I would stay there again.

The Nunnery

Melbourne, Australia

Although away from the downtown area, this hostel had character (actually was a nunnery) and generally had pleasant atmosphere. I would stay there again if in Melbourne. Book early, a lot of people seem to like The Nunnery so it fills up fast.

Blue Galah Backpackers Hostel

Adelaide, Australia

Great location, average hostel. The only thing I didn't like is the kitchen was too small for the number of guests. The complimentary breakfast was good though.

Alice Springs, Australia

An all around good place to stay, not far from the CBD of Alice Springs. The extras were especially nice like the free breakfast, pool, clothes line outside, and the evening barby from 6 to 8 PM.

Reef Lodge Backpackers

Townsville, Australia

This hostel was marketed as not being a party hostel and that's what initially drew me there. Keep advertising this item in the future! My experience there was very good, I met more interesting guests there than at places aimed more at the partying type. What a coincidence, I found the same thing at other places not aimed at the partying crowd in my travels. The place is well kept, good security, helpful staff, everything you need and great location. Yes, I would stay here again.

Thank you for the nice comments and we are happy you enjoyed your stay, have great day. All the best :-) Reef Lodge

Global Backpackers Airlie Beach

Airlie Beach, Australia

It wasn't easy to find because the sign out front said Beaches, not Global Backpackers. The woman at the front desk was friendly and quite helpful for planning excursions while at Arlie Beach. If you are a guest at Global, you get a coupon for a $6 dinner with draft beer or cider, a good deal. Some noisy guests came into the dorm late at night, probably expected as Airlie Beach aimed at the partying crowd. No internet on site, use the computers at another hostel to the west.

Woodduck Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

A good clean hostel in a good location. My only complaint was I arrived by rail from Sydney at 4 AM local time and everything was locked up. I would have been nice to have the code to open the door, leave my stuff there until opening and go get breakfast. No free breakfast but food stores nearby.

Chili Blue Backpackers

Sydney, Australia

Not the best place I stayed. When I was there 2 of the 4 toilets were out of order, and it was a noisier than average place. The common area outside was noisy even late at night. On the positive side, there was complimentary breakfast and good location.