Samba Palace

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

IF you want a quiet hostel hidden in a residential area I recommend this. Just a warning if you are looking to meet other English speaking travelers when I was there a majority of people were speaking Portuguese but maybe its not always like that as all the reception staff spoke English. My only slight complaint was there were quite a few mosquitoes, the breakfast I thought was really good compared to some that are just a piece of bread and coffee.

Thank you so much for your feedback. It is very important for us to continually improving our service . Ps: Guests are not always all portuguese spoken... they come and go... some Italians, some english people, some brazilians from other state... That`s how hostels are and is the most lovely thing to be in contact with people from the country you are visiting!! Don`t you think so? :) Once more, thank you and safe travels :)

Perfect Hostel

Paris, France

Great hostel. Good location, friendly staff, good rooms, modern decorations, warm, breakfast was fine, wifi fine, and you dont have to rent your sheets and they give you a small towel for free too which is rare. I think one of my only slight complaints was one of the days I was there a girl was in bed all day I think sick so the room smelled really bad, so maybe the rooms could use a little ventilation, but the other nights were fine. Its by far the best hostel I have stayed at in Paris.

La Brisa Loca

Santa Marta, Colombia

The music was too loud too late! One of the nights I stayed there I was in a dorm room that had a door with a ladder below it, the entire night groups of people were coming in and turning on the lights and shutting them off again and going up there and giggling, at one point a guy climbs that ladder and shines his flashlight it in my face and it was one of the really bright ones so it blinds me and he does it to a bunch of others then shines it on himself and makes faces this went on all night.

• 22nd Feb 2014