Ostello S. Fosca

Venice, Italy

There are very few hostels on the canals, so I am trying not to be picky, but this hostel left a lot to be desired. It was nice because it had a kitchen you could use and a large courtyard to hang out in, but it also had a curfew of 12:30. The worst was that the bathrooms didn't have toilet paper for a whole day, and when we mentioned it they said the cleaning staff would stock it the next day but didn't give us any in the meantime! It was cool to stay on the canal but maybe try a different one.

• 17th Jul 2014

dear kelly thank you for the positive scores we cannot believe the toilet paper story you mentioned; our staff answear to a guest "no toilet paper untill tomorrow", and you didin't have any reaction? you didin't ask again? we have at least 4 members working every day.. nobody helped you? impossibile. the manager

This was a good hostel for one night. It seems to be the place for recent high school grads or first and second year college students. It's all about the party, and the staff will organize pub crawls and dinner and drinks for a good price. They're very friendly and it's definitely a good place to meet people. Very small kitchen and you have to pay for gas to use the stove. Lockers didn't work (BYO lock) but we had no problem with theft. They also have discounts at beaches!

• 16th Jul 2014

Ostello Dante

Ravenna, Italy

It's a little far from the city center, but they offer free bikes so it's not a problem. It's an amazing place with great staff. It's quirky and you see people of all ages there. They are located right by a park and the breakfast they have is decent. You can't use the kitchen to cook yourself though. It was a little difficult to meet a people, but we were only there one night. I would definitely stay again, but if you want a party hostel this isn't it.

• 15th Jul 2014

Il Nosadillo

Bologna, Italy

This is a great hostel. They provide breakfast and at any time of the day you want it, so they basically provided snacks too. You can cook there, and they have free coffee and tea. It's a short walk to the city center and shops. I met some of the best people here, and the atmosphere was perfect for grabbing a drink (or many) with everyone else in the dorm. I would absolutely stay here again! They even let us do laundry once they were done washing sheets! Two kitchens for extra convenience.

• 13th Jul 2014

Manena Hostel

Genoa, Italy

Loved this place! It's surrounded by UNESCO sites and is a great place to meet people. The staff are incredible and even called TrenItalia for us during the train strike to find out about our tickets. Kitchen you can use to cook if you don't want to eat at the restaurants they get discounts at (which you should-pesto!!) lots of bathrooms so you don't have to wait to use them. So many great things about this hostel! I'd stay here again and would recommend it!

• 12th Jul 2014

Ostello Tramonti

Cinque Terre, Italy

Beautiful setting in Biassa (ten min from Riomaggiore). They have a cheap shuttle service to Riomaggiore and it runs later than the busses at night. Have cooks that make decently good food, but you can't use the kitchen yourself. Great common areas where you can meet a lot of young people, though older adults and children also stay here. Staff was really kind and helpful. Huge lockers that actually lock, and water pressure in showers! I'd recommend and stay here again!

• 10th Jul 2014

Archi Rossi Hostel

Florence, Italy

It's a nice place to stay. They have the strangest buffet breakfast with casseroles and salad plus all the normal carb breakfast foods hostels offer. They have large lockers and large rooms. My locker didn't function properly and they were full and couldn't give me a new one, but offered to keep stuff at the desk if needed. Nice large courtyard in the middle for reading and working out in. Family hostel so there are parents and small children too.

• 7th Jul 2014

Gaius Roma B&B

Rome, Italy

LOVE THIS PLACE! Marco and Lina speak decent English and recommend a lot of good, cheap places to eat. They are 5 min from the Vatican and their rooms are huge. They serve such a large breakfast we got snacks and lunch (salami, cheese, and bread) out of it too! It's right by the metro. If I go back to Rome I will only stay here. Not a party place but you can still meet nice people to go out with there. LOVED IT! One down side is no air conditioning, but I'd still stay there again.

• 3rd Jul 2014

Ona Paseo de Gracia Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

Really modern and clean facilities. Loved the working kitchen, and the fridge was very clean. The rooms were clean and there was a lot of open space and natural light. Liked the air conditioning during the day. It's close to metros which is nice. The only complaint is that we left in a rush and the person working the desk failed to give us our security deposit for the locker key back, which was also our responsibility to ask for, but in my mind she should have reminded us. Feel a little cheated.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Right next to the Gaudi building of the same name. Walking distance to many places, and is very nearby a metro, so it's really easy to get anywhere in the city. The hostel itself had decent sized lockers for bags (BYO lock) and one fridge to store food (which was usually pretty full). Good working kitchen and laundry! Bathrooms are sparse but have the basics! The staff was really nice and I would recommend to place.