Location: Singapore, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Emerson House

Washington DC, USA

Bed is very squeaky and carpets are a little dusty. That being said, the washroom is rather clean. Also, Valida was nice enough to let us use the washing machine and dryer so that saved us the trouble of having to find a laundromat.

I am surprised that the Value For Money rating is not higher considering the fact that I saved the couple money by making the laundry available. Oh Well, I do my best to make my guests comfortable. I will consider raising prices to get a better bed.

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

Fuss-free hostel with great breakfast that includes ham and cheese, yoghurt, fruits, bread, cereal and cakes. Very friendly and helpful staff. However, no one told us that the shower had some problems and for 1-2 nights, we had to use the shared bathroom although we paid for an ensuite room. Ceiling was leaking but the staff got it fixed the next day.

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Location is pretty alright as it is close to the nightlife area and takes around 5 minutes to walk to the metro. Breakfast is good as there is a variety of fruits and food to choose from. However, if you are not interested in partying, this hostel might not be the place to stay at. They start blasting music until 11pm or so. Had a bad experience on the 1st day - I arrived at 2pm and the person who was supposed to check out was still lying in bed and I heard other customers suffered the situation

Books Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Staff are friendly and helpful but most people who stay there enjoys partying so it is actually quite difficult to get some decent rest. Toilets aren't clean and well-maintained so they are pretty dirty.

Namoa Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Good location - short walk to metro. Safe area but difficult to find a supermarket nearby. Staff are really nice and friendly and it is so easy to start conversations with them. Kitchen, rooms and toilets are very clean but the room lacks a table/shelf or something for guests to put some stuff.

• 26th May 2014
  • Singapore

Hostel Orquideas

Cancun, Mexico

New and clean hostel with very friendly owners who even prepared dinner for us! Great location and awesome ambience. However, the bed was not very comfortable because you could feel the springs in the mattress. Other then that, this is a great place to stay at, with clean showers and what not.

Hostel Che

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

It was the most expensive hostel my friend and I stayed at and although the room for 2 (with a king-sized bed) was pretty clean, I think we both gotten bed bug bites and we could not sleep well because our skin was itching throughout the night (yes we bathed). However, the location is awesome and it could be us being unlucky with the bed bug bites. Also, when we arrived on the 1st night, the shower was not working properly but the owners got someone in to fix it the next day so that's great.

Hostal Chalupa

Tulum, Mexico

El Jardin

Merida, Mexico

Very nice lady who took good care of my friend and I. We told her that we would be leaving the next day at 4am and she prepared a sandwich for us to bring along. Although the paint in the room was flaking, it was generally very clean and we have told her about the situation so I believe she would do something about it.

Rossco Backpackers Hostel

San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico

Great place with lots of pets (2 cats and a few dogs). Nice people but there are only 3 showers so that's a little tricky.

Azul Cielo Hostel

Oaxaca, Mexico

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. A shout out to Pepe who was super friendly and approachable. The room isn't very new but it suffices!