Location Singapore, Gender Female, Age 25

Emerson House, Washington DC, USA
7.1
8th Jul 2014

Bed is very squeaky and carpets are a little dusty. That being said, the washroom is rather clean. Also, Valida was nice enough to let us use the washing machine and dryer so that saved us the trouble of having to find a laundromat.

I am surprised that the Value For Money rating is not higher considering the fact that I saved the couple money by making the laundry available. Oh Well, I do my best to make my guests comfortable. I will consider raising prices to get a better bed.

Iguassu Guest House, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
7th Jun 2014

Fuss-free hostel with great breakfast that includes ham and cheese, yoghurt, fruits, bread, cereal and cakes. Very friendly and helpful staff. However, no one told us that the shower had some problems and for 1-2 nights, we had to use the shared bathroom although we paid for an ensuite room. Ceiling was leaking but the staff got it fixed the next day.

Books Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5.1
31st May 2014

Location is pretty alright as it is close to the nightlife area and takes around 5 minutes to walk to the metro. Breakfast is good as there is a variety of fruits and food to choose from. However, if you are not interested in partying, this hostel might not be the place to stay at. They start blasting music until 11pm or so. Had a bad experience on the 1st day - I arrived at 2pm and the person who was supposed to check out was still lying in bed and I heard other customers suffered the situation

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
Books Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4.9
31st May 2014

Staff are friendly and helpful but most people who stay there enjoys partying so it is actually quite difficult to get some decent rest. Toilets aren't clean and well-maintained so they are pretty dirty.

• Singapore, Mixed Group, 18-24
Namoa Hostel, Sao Paulo, Brazil
26th May 2014

Good location - short walk to metro. Safe area but difficult to find a supermarket nearby. Staff are really nice and friendly and it is so easy to start conversations with them. Kitchen, rooms and toilets are very clean but the room lacks a table/shelf or something for guests to put some stuff.

Hostel Orquideas, Cancun, Mexico
22nd Apr 2014

New and clean hostel with very friendly owners who even prepared dinner for us! Great location and awesome ambience. However, the bed was not very comfortable because you could feel the springs in the mattress. Other then that, this is a great place to stay at, with clean showers and what not.

Hostel Che Playa, Playa del Carmen, Mexico
7.7
20th Apr 2014

It was the most expensive hostel my friend and I stayed at and although the room for 2 (with a king-sized bed) was pretty clean, I think we both gotten bed bug bites and we could not sleep well because our skin was itching throughout the night (yes we bathed). However, the location is awesome and it could be us being unlucky with the bed bug bites. Also, when we arrived on the 1st night, the shower was not working properly but the owners got someone in to fix it the next day so that's great.

Hostal Chalupa, Tulum, Mexico
19th Apr 2014

El Jardin, Merida, Mexico
17th Apr 2014

Very nice lady who took good care of my friend and I. We told her that we would be leaving the next day at 4am and she prepared a sandwich for us to bring along. Although the paint in the room was flaking, it was generally very clean and we have told her about the situation so I believe she would do something about it.

Rossco Backpackers Hostel, San Cristobal de las Casas, Mexico
14th Apr 2014

Great place with lots of pets (2 cats and a few dogs). Nice people but there are only 3 showers so that's a little tricky.

Azul Cielo Hostel, Oaxaca, Mexico
10th Apr 2014

Great location, friendly and helpful staff. A shout out to Pepe who was super friendly and approachable. The room isn't very new but it suffices!