Sincere Guest House

Koh Lanta, Thailand

Spotless, lovely guesthouse within walking distance from the ferry pier in Saladan. Very nice and helpful owners. I stayed at the female dorm. Clean and adequate. I suspect it might feel too tight when fully occupied as it has no windows and space is scarce. But there is always the option of lounging at the lovely terrace by the water. I felt very comfortable and relaxed at this guesthouse and will be glad to stay in it again. Very good value for your money.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very convenient location, very clean and spacious dorms, nice and helpful staff. A bit too expensive in my opinion but hostels tend to be expensive in big cities and Back Home is definitely a good one, would stay there again. Female dorm was freezing at night but we could not regulate temperature from the room, we needed to leave the room and ask someone from staff to do it. Inconvenient when you are in your pijamas and it is midnight.

Malabar

Penang, Malaysia

Excellent location. The owner and his hotel receptionist were super nice, helpful and keen to assist with my touring and eating plans. Small, simple and clean rooms. No need for more. Common area very small so meeting other guests is rather difficult. Good value for your money. Would stay at Malabar gain.

The Cashew Nut Guest House

Siem Reap, Cambodia

My room had an unpleasant smell as it had been recently painted. I was promptly given acceptable alternatives and was changed to another room as soon as it became available. Helpful staff and very good value for the money you pay. Street is dusty and has no sidewalks but then pretty much all of Siem Reap is the same. Would stay here again.

The Mad Monkey

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Lovely staff, smiling and helpful despite being very busy. Very good info on tours and onward transportation provided. My bathroom had an unpleasant smell and the noise from the restaurant and the roof top bar could be heard from my room, so relaxing in it was very difficult. First paragraph of welcome email warning me that if I did not show up I would still have to pay frankly felt rude. I can read the terms and conditions thank you very much.

Luan Vu

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Excellent customer service, really really nice, polite staff always ready to assist with a smile. Very decent and clean rooms. Felt very safe and comfortable and would definitely would come back. Was allowed to take a shower after my night train ride and before check in.

Casablanca Hotel Sapa

Sapa, Vietnam

Really nice and helpful staff. Basic rooms that could use some renovations but spacious and comfortable. Very good value for money.

I have been backpacking for four months in Spain, Turkey and China. The Dragon Fly Guesthouse is, by far, the best place I have stayed at. Excellent value for the money you pay, great location, the nicest and most helpful owners and staff. I have extended my stay almost a week and will be sad to leave this place.

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Thank you to Mama Naxi for her warm hospitality, for chatting with me while making me tea and giving me pears from her tree. I am very grateful to her and her guest house manager for helping me arrange my transportation to Qiaotou at the wee hours of the morning. Loved the decor, felt very relaxed and comfortable and would definitely stay here again

I spent three comfortable days at this hostel while waiting for my Vietnam visa. I really liked the decor and the laid back atmosphere, my room was basic but comfortable with a big bathroom and had a channel with movies in English. That was a nice surprise. The wallpaper looked old but the entire hostel is undergoing renovations so hopefully that should be taken care of soon. The staff is very busy but still found time to help me with my queries. Very decent level of English in my opinion.

Hello: Thank you for your evaluation. we already change the new wallpaper. Thank you for your understanding of our work Have a nice trip YHA

BellaMaritimo Hotel

Pamukkale, Turkey

Muy agradable estadía en este hotel. Cerca de la estación del autobús pero el dueño te recoge y lleva al hotel si lo requieres. Sabroso desayuno, buena orientación y ayuda con mis planes de visitas, me sentí muy a gusto en el Bella Marítimo. Habitación sencilla y limpia, cálida hospitalidad, precio muy razonable ¿se necesita más?

Vardar Family Pension

Selcuk, Turkey

If you are looking for a simple, clean room very close to the bus station so easy to find and at a reasonable please the Vardar Pension will do nicely. Good value for the money you pay. Just 2 clarifications: To get to the swimming pool you must take a minibus or walk about 3 kms. The pool and the view from it are well worth going in my opinion. And despite what the website says no credit card are accepted.

Very good location. I really enjoyed hanging out by the pool with its lovely view after being out under the sun. The staff was helpful with my plans. Not exactly chatty or cheerful but I would be the same if I was fasting (stayed there during Ramadan). Dorm was clean, bed comfy. The washroom could use some refurbishing and one curtain needed some mending as it had a slash though. I was allowed to take a shower after checkout for a small fee and was very grateful for that.

Stray Cat Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Loved the funky atmosphere, the decoration and the friendly cats hanging out with the guests. The best part was the staff, so friendly and willing to assist with all my questions. I definitely recommend this hostel.

West Lily Hotel

Yangshuo, China

Lily and her husband were really nice and helpful. Clean and adequate rooms, very good location. We really enjoyed our stay at the West Lily Hotel.