Location: Norway, Gender: Female, Age: 20

ONCE in Cape Town

Cape Town, South Africa

Absolutely loved my stay here! The place was clean and the staff very friendly. There are several restaurants around the hostel and Long Street is just a short walk away. Not to mention the beds, they were very comfy with warm duvets and two pillows. The only downside I can think of is that this is a big hostel, so for me it was harder to meet people outside my dormroom than in smaller hostels. But I met great people in my dormroom, so it wasn't really a problem.

• 3rd Jul 2014

• 26th Jun 2014

• 23rd Jun 2014

Smiths Cottage

Durban, South Africa

Pat and Keith are the sweetest couple ever! I really enjoyed staying with them during my stay in Durban. If (when) I go back to South Africa and Durban, I'll definitely stay with them again. Oh, and Pat makes really good food!

• 20th Jun 2014

Mbizi Backpackers Lodge

Johannesburg, South Africa

Nice and clean hostel in a safe location. It's a bit far from the center of Joburg, but the manager will help you arrange trips into the town if wanted. I can't say much about the atmosphere as I travelled in low season, but I think this can be a good place when it's more crowded!

• 13th Jun 2014

Jacaranda B&B

Moshi, Tanzania

Jacaranda was a very good place to stay for our trip to Moshi. The security was good and we never felt unsafe, though there was no safe to put valuables like computers and passport. Location can be both good and poor, depending on what you are looking for. Jacaranda is a litte bit outside town, so if you enjoy the quietness and dont want the sound of cars outside your window, this is the perfect place. We could not have asked for better staff, they helped us with all our queries during our stay.

• 19th Mar 2014