Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 20

Wombats City Hostel Budapest

Budapest, Hungary

Loved it, so easy, so clean, so friendly, so helpful

So nice from you! :-) Hope to see you again!

Hostel Jasmin

Belgrade, Serbia

Such a great hostel! While we were in Belgrade the heat was unbearable, and its proximity to the train station and the bus station was ideal, we didn't have to pay for taxis or drag all of our bags and cases up and down the many hills of Belgrade. So grateful! When we arrived, we realised we had messed up the booking and booked for 8 people for one night instead of 2 people for 2 nights. This was a disaster and they could have made us pay a fortune, but they were so cool about it. Loved it!

• 6th Jul 2014

City Smile Hostel

Banja Luka, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Adored it and the staff! It's small and feels like a cosy family. They bend over backwards to help you and most/all rooms have access to a balcony. It has no laundry service, but they were willing to arrange one externally for me and were really interested in our well being (for example I'm a vegetarian and in the Balkans vegetarian cuisine is unheard of, so they helped me as much as they could in finding a suitable restaurant and then checked to make sure I'd eaten when we returned. Best ever!

• 5th Jul 2014

Hostel Vagabond Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I think the smoking indoors annoys most Western Europeans, and it was easily the only problem we had with this place, the staff were tremendous and helpful and friendly and funny, the location was perfect, close to tram stops, historical sites and shops. The owner gave us a personal tour and everything we needed was seen to ASAP. Couldn't recommend the place enough!

• 3rd Jul 2014

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

We loved this place, the staff were so friendly and helpful, we were lost and they sent a car to get us! There wasn't a spot of dust in the whole place and it's perfectly located between the town and the train station which for us could not have been better! Get a detailed map before you go as nowhere has street signs in Mostar so we were lost for about an hour!

• 2nd Jul 2014

Hostel Franz Ferdinand

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great place!

Maverick City Lodge

Budapest, Hungary

The laundry service was terrible! All of my clothes were still wet and dirty after I got them back, everything else, from the location to the staff to the room was amazing. I adored my stay there!!

Botel Marina

Rijeka, Croatia

This was such a cool place to stay! We adored it, we changed our booking when we were arrived and the staff were completely wonderful about it. Finding the place with GPS is not easy but we managed eventually. They had signs alll around the hostel for laundry service, but when I asked they offered no such thing and the signs were apparently just for the staff. They kept to the original boat design, which was awesome, the breakfast was dreadful and the coffee deck awesome

• 26th Jun 2014

Hotel Alabarda

Trieste, Italy

Nice place, in between the station and the city, weirdly laid out and very old fashioned Jin the bedrooms, privacy in the first floor bath rooms could be improved as could lighting there.

• 25th Jun 2014

Mavi Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

Great atmosphere Lights went off too early in the 24 bed room Wonderful trust between the staff and guests (like not having to leave a deposit for a hair dryer) Maybe some rooms designated for changing More options on the breakfast You could charge so much more if you wanted to

A&T Holiday Hostel Wien

Vienna, Austria

The shower flooded the bathroom whenever anyone used the shower, there was no ventilation in the bathroom. The 5 euro breakfast was terrible.